Premium Ammo for 9.3 and info on Fiocchi?

Black Lechwe

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia
Hi all,

I have just recently bought a Voere 2155 in 9.3x62, and am very happy with it.

I bought some Fiocchi ammunition- they shoot very well, but I cannot find a single review anywhere. Does anybody have any information on how they perform in hunting?

I'm weighing up my options for some premium ammo for buffalo and hippo- it looks like Hornady SP-RP and Norma with A-frames are the options available here in Zambia. This site has been useful for a lot of background, but which would you choose?

I also want to get some solids, but most of the brands I've looked up on the internet have much lighter solids for the 9.3 than the standard 286gr load. Why would that be? Are solids, as a rule, lighter? Are solids even necessary if you have good 'premium' soft-nose ammo?

Appreciate the advice

Here is the Voere:

24517904834_fd25c4dd6c_k.jpg
24517904864_38bf378910_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion Buffalo = .416Rem/Rigby/Ruger with mini .375H&H
My 9.3x62 prefered : Brenneke/RWS : UNI /TUG , no opinion about EVO ..

Norma do a 9.3mm 275gr solid. Don't know how easy it is to get though. Of the other two factory loads you mention, I would go with the Norma and A-frames.
I have an old container of RWS 286gr solids in 9.3, don't know if they still make them though. Woodleigh do a 286gr hydro, which is a solid that leaves a wound channel similar to a soft point.

Northfork does a cupped solid of 286gr.

Congrats to your gun and caliber.
Voere was always a small, but good austrian gunfactory.
I would use solids in 9,3x92 for buffalos.
Here are Fiocchi ammo not very popular for rifles,but for shotguns.
Generally you should not go over 293 grs ,that makes no sense.
You get the best results between 230 and 293 grs,for buffs the heaviers ones ,but Im sure, you know this without me also:)
The neighbour from our hunting property shot a lot buffs (almost 20) with 9,3x62 solid .
Please send more pictures from Zambia.
Foxi

Last edited:
Thanks all. Reloading is not an option in Zambia and so it's factory ammo or bust...

It's interesting that there isn't much known on the Fiocchi ammo. Same price as Prvi, but better finished and packaged. Just no idea what kind of bullet is up front.

Any ideas on why Norma would make their solids lighter than the standard 286gr bullet for the calibre?

Norma solids probably have a thick copper (or similar) jacket to resist deformation and have kept the solid the same size as the soft point so, less lead so less weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg