Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
Its often the little things that make a difference..

Ive always been a fan of Timney products.. I've got their triggers in 4 of my rifles currently, and have installed timney triggers in probably 6 or 8 other rifles I have owned over the years that I no longer possess..

I've also installed their beuhler style safety on 2 of my sporter mausers and have thought those parts worked out well also (dropped right in, no machining or fitting required.. look good, reasonably priced, etc..etc..)..

So... this past weekend I was attempting to install another one of their safeties in one of my rifles.. and somehow managed to lose a spring..

Totally my fault.. the spring "sprung", and shot across the room.. and despite about 20 minutes looking for the tiny thing, I just could not find it...

So.. I go to the Timney website and look to see if I can purchase "parts" (this is a non standard spring.. its pretty tiny in both diameter and length.. its not the sort of thing I could just go pick up at Home Depot.. and without knowing the dimensions, even trying to purchase something that might work from Brownells was going to be a challenge)..

Alas.. there is no ability to purchase parts to any trigger, safety, etc.. on their website..

So.. I shoot them a message on their "contact us" page, and tell them I have lost a spring, and would like to know the specs of it so that I can purchase a new one.. or would like to know if they would sell me one..

Just a few hours into the business day today, I got a reply from Timney...

No.. I cannot have the specs.. and no, they will not take my money.. but, please verify my home address.. because they have already packaged up a replacement that they would like to put in the mail today if possible so that I can finish installing their safety on my rifle..

I get that we're likely talking about a $0.15 item.. and that its no big deal to Timneys bottom line to do this..

But good customer service seems hard to come by these days.. excellent customer service seems to be an absolute rarity.. As such, it wouldnt have surprised me at all if they had responded saying please send us your credit card number, the spring is $1.50 and there is a $2.00 shipping fee.. (and I would have gladly paid it)..

But thats not what occurred..

I've always thought Timney was a good company.. The way their employees conduct themselves at shows, the little bible verses they put in all of their packaging, etc..etc.. have made me think they are not only ethical, but that they actually really do care about their products and their customers.. and try to be "good" in all they do..

This little $0.15 expression from them confirms what I suspected.. and I thought they deserved a "shout out" for it (its easy to complain publicly when you get mistreated or a company demonstrates they really only care about getting your money, and could care less about their actual products or their customers.... Im guilty far too often of not acknowledging good companies and good people when I encounter them.. so please excuse my very verbose attempt at giving one of the "good" firms a little praise today... :) )...

Have also installed at least 6 timney triggers on my rifles over the years and have had zero issues with any of them....a great product that can truly benefit the performance of any factory rifle.....Good for Timney and their customer service.

Reactions: ack
(y)
One commendation and one letter of complaint to a business was the first assignment for my brothers MBA class.

Nice to read a commendation for great service.

This is good to hear. Two years ago I broke a rear sight on a Ruger #1. My fault nothing wrong with the workmanship or the product. So I email Ruger customer service and tell them the model and serial number of the rifle. Just like you I ask if I can buy the part. Immediate response was what is your address. I reply with the requested address and offer my credit card number. Reply....no charge it’s in the mail. Very few companies give a darn anymore for sure. It is good to know the Timney folks get it!

I have found that this hunting/ shooting community is by far the best. It's nice to hear Timney is no exception.

I just bought my first Timney for my new Win. Featherweight..The MOA trigger was not what I thought it would be.,..Got it installed in about 15 minutes and totally happy..I will buy another when needed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross