Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway, Isle of Arran (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo
Good day chaps just thought I would inquire to see if anybody has had any experience with this brand of ammo in the queen of all calibres??

Many thanks

I've used it as practice ammo. It shoops well from MY rifle, better than some big name brands actually. Would I personally hunt with it? No. I like it for plinking though.

I've been thinking if the police here in the UK see sense and grant me permission to get one, i would hand load but just to get me started (and for the brass if its any good) to get some of this.

I've been thinking if the police here in the UK see sense and grant me permission to get one, i would hand load but just to get me started (and for the brass if its any good) to get some of this.

I JUST started handloading and can't comment on the quality of the brass, but dont see why I wouldn't be good? Perhaps someone else will comment on that.

Good luck on getting the rifle!!!

ive used both PPU ammunition and brass extensively in numerous cartridges.

the factory ammunition tends to burn a little dirty and the velocities run on the slow side. however accuracy is usually decent and the bullet isnt terrible, about the same as Hornady soft points. i wouldnt mind using the factory ammunition for medium and small game but i would avoid using it on large game (nothing bigger then a deer). it should be noted that PPU 375 H&H ammunition does not feed 100% reliably in the CZ 550 Safari Magnum rifle.

the brass is decent, i have used it in almost every cartridge i load for and have yet to have any issues with it. i wouldnt call it match grade stuff but for general shooting and hunting i wouldnt be concerned about using it.

-matt

Eight days ago I was at the range with my M70 .375 H & H. I shot Federal Power Shok, 270 gr soft point and then the PPU ammo with 300 grain solids. They had the same point of impact at 100 yards from the bench. I don't reload, so can't commit on the brass. The PPU did appear more dirty though. There was no problem with feeding in the Winchester.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross