Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
CHASA, BASA, NHSA
Hunted
RSA, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia
Cannot find anything bad on the bullets PPU uses or what they use.

I have 2 boxes of 6.5x57 PPU 156gr. Would it better to shoot on paper and then reload or what is the experience with it on hunting? My gut says use it for practice…

I use the 139gn SP BT PPU bullet for reloading my own 6.5x57 and have every confidence in the bullet after seeing its performance on deer (and paper as well) Running it at 2800fps in my rifle.

My ammunition didn’t make it to Windhoek a few years ago. We found 1 box of 7x57 PPU in a shop.173grs . It was a bit slower than what I had been using but everything hit with that ammo died.

Hunt with them. The travel at a moderate velocity and are deadly on game.

Thanks all! Will come back later to this post and hopefully share some pics of successful hunts with these. Will be reloading some Barnes/Peregrine as well to test, maybe some comparison

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois