Powder shortages

Found H4350 and Varget today in Marietta, Ohio today, at Bridgeport Equipment and Tool. $48 per pound. Of course, no primers.

@Jeffrey
Certain Hogdon Powders are certainly made in Australia by ADI

@Hunter4752001
I hope that you are wrong or what you heard is wrong.

There is info on the ADI Thales site advising certain powders won't be on a production run this year Trail Boss is one I recall.

Why, I have no idea
@CBH
Talking to the owner of the local gunshop today apparently Thales is having problems with getting product and the dry of the powders isn't working properly making burn rate all over the place. Apparently ALL pistol and shotgun powder has ceased production as well as trail boss for the foreseeable future.
Apparently they are going to concentrate on 2205/H110, 2206H /4894, 2208/Varget ,2209/4350 and 2213sc and possibly a couple of others.

The second amendment looks like if we can't take their guns we will take the powders, primers and projectiles. That way they don't need guns.
Bob

Knowing our current administration, I suspect our military is going to have to come up with “solar powered ammo”! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :Arghh: Nut cases they are. All military EVs! EAs! EHs! ETs (toilets)! Soon there will be a battery shortage (most lithium comes from…wait…China!)

Sgt Zim, this is terrible news, but thanks for the heads up. I too use H4350 for a lot of calibers. Hopefully one of our Aussie friends knows some folks and can do a little more digging into what is going on, and let us know.

Sgt Zim, this is terrible news, but thanks for the heads up. I too use H4350 for a lot of calibers. Hopefully one of our Aussie friends knows some folks and can do a little more digging into what is going on, and let us know.
As described to me, ADI is having prod issues because of Oz's insane 'rona policies. I think it isn't any more complicated than that.

No idea myself, but it works great in my 222, 223 and 250 gr Barnes TTSX in my 375 H&H. Excellent velocities and clean burning.
@Ridgewalker
CFE223 is a great powder and very versatile wish I had found it sooner. Works great in the 308 and gives the Whelen a set of balls it has needed for a long time.
Bob

The ADI problems have nothing to do with corona virus. The problems started way before the virus emerged. They decommissioned the factory making pistol and shotgun powders and transferred the technology to General Dynamics Canada which is why your Universal, Clays etc now say made in Canada. They then built a new plant and designed a new range of pistol and shotgun powders bu used a waterborne transport system and after several years of failure finally announced they were giving up indefinitely.

Similar stupidity and stuff ups in the rifle powder line up. Putting out public announcements, most of which are contradictory and none credible. Numerous announcement as to which powders are being put on hold. 1001 excuses, nothing but spin.

Ultimately, ADI is controlled by Thales which is a French owned multi-national with no loyalty or commitment to Australia.

This is what is posted on ADI's website.

"AR2206(H), AR2208, AR2209, AR2213SC – These propellants are our core rifle range and account for the majority of the propellant we release to the market every year. These propellants will be available in both 1kg and 4kg bottles for the foreseeable future and we have these propellants represented through the different stages of manufacture almost constantly."

Bob Nelson told via PM that ADI was having shipping problems. This stuff is on boats waiting to be unloaded. I'm hoping that in fact is the case. There are production issues with other types of powders but not with any of those listed above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanonBurc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.