Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
just talked to a local reloading shop owner in Houston.

All IMR powders which have ADI equivalents, as well as Varget, H4350, and H1000, will not be resupplied to the US at any point in the foreseeable future.

Reloder 15 apparently contains a chemical that Sweden will no longer allow to be exported.

That is all.

the owner mentioned those three Hodgdon powders specifically. looks like the first priority is military ammo.

Also, doesn't mean there isn't any of those powders around, just that what's there will not be replaced any time soon.

Well that really sucks. :Arghh::Arghh:

the owner mentioned those three Hodgdon powders specifically. looks like the first priority is military ammo.

The question to ask is why? We’ve no hot wars going on at the moment. Perhaps @RedLeg has a thought on this?

Varget and H4350 are made in Australia by ADI (not sure about H1000). Hodgdon is a distributor not a manufacturer. ADI seems to have completely stuffed up their powder production, and now there are shortages of all of their products. (An alternative hypothesis without evidence :cautious: is that they believe they are about to lose the Defence contracts/factory operating rights and are shipping production and intellectual property off-shore while running the factory into the ground. I haven't seen any evidence to support that view but there are all sorts of weirdo rumours out there.)

Ugh…H4350 has been a universal powder for my 22-250, 243, 6.5 CM, 30-06, 300 WM and 375 H&H. Bummer! Varget for the 7mm-08 and 308.
Found and ordered some SW4350 as a substitute even though the reviews say less velocity, but just as accurate. Hopefully it will work.

@Ridgewalker, where/how were you able to order powder? Seems like everyone is on backorder. :( Thanks!

@Jeffrey
Certain Hogdon Powders are certainly made in Australia by ADI

@Hunter4752001
I hope that you are wrong or what you heard is wrong.

There is info on the ADI Thales site advising certain powders won't be on a production run this year Trail Boss is one I recall.

Why, I have no idea

@Ridgewalker, where/how were you able to order powder? Seems like everyone is on backorder. :( Thanks!
Powder Valley had some briefly. They had H4350 I was trying to get, but it was already ordered by others. I watch several sites often. Still looking for large rifle primers. That is my main need now.

Got it, thank you! I do look at them and some others as well. Someone suggested to check these sites like around 1-2 AM. Apparently this is the time when the sites get updated. Too bad we are not closer, I could help you out with the primers.

FYI

ADI - Hodgon equivalents.jpg

Any idea if CFE223 is or will be available anytime soon?

Hawk

Any idea if CFE223 is or will be available anytime soon?

Hawk
No idea myself, but it works great in my 222, 223 and 250 gr Barnes TTSX in my 375 H&H. Excellent velocities and clean burning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you