rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Hello Friends,

I was speaking with our fearless leader Jerome @AfricaHunting.com about putting up a sticky thread for us to share deals of the day on powder and primers. He was fully supportive.

Here are the rules of the thread:

1.) This amazing forum is supported by paying sponsors. Primers and powders do not interfere with the sales revenue of Africa Hunting supporters. Please keep your notices of product availability limited to specifically powder and primer. (Ammo and bullets are available from forum sponsors that pay for the privilege to advertise)

2.) Don’t accidentally direct members to scams! If referring to internet e-commerce sites limit yourself to known good firms: Brownells, Midway, Natchez, Powder Valley, Recobs, Grafs, etc.

3.) If it’s a local gun store, please state the name and location so members can find it easily for local pickup.

4.) If you have spare powder or primers for 1:1 trades that is fine too. (E.g. Northern IL, I have RL15 to swap for IMR3031 even up)

5.) Shipping powder and primer is usually a crime as it requires a Hazmat license. Don’t do it, don’t ask others to do it.

6.) Don’t mention auctions for powder and primer due to points 2 and 5 above!

Let the hunt begin!

@rookhawk Awesome idea....!
Do you think it would be okay to include
" in surch of xxx?" as well, or would that add to much to the thread

Great idea! I’ll happily join in. I need reloader 15 and 19. Either Northern IL or Southern WI.

I also need federal 210m large rifle primers and federal small rifle primers.

Great idea! I’ll happily join in. I need reloader 15 and 19. Either Northern IL or Southern WI.

Natchez has both reloders in stock. I have not seen 210M in stock anywhere, I'll my eyes open for Fed SR.

Do get stuck on the M. The biggest difference is the person building the primer. Everything else is the same otherwise. Just for your info.

I’m in search of IMR 4064 if anyone seems some… I’m in N TX, but am routinely in W TN as well…

I have some federal 210 and federal Small Rifle, and an assortment of other primers. I am starting on a 470 NE project so I could use some IMR 4831, which I would trade for. I'm in West KY. Not sure how far apart we are. Maybe 6 hours or so. Possible 3HR each if we wanted to meet up.
Natchez had RL 15, and 19 earlier today but it was $50 a pound

Sometime today or this week there's a private party moving and selling powders. I could possibly pick up something beyond what I'm after myself, if anyone wanted to meet in Southern Indiana, Middle Tennessee, or parts of Kentucky in between.

Alliant reloader 19
Alliant reloader 22
Accurate 5744
Accurate 1680

He has multiple lbs of each (only 1.5lbs of 5744) and is asking below retail.

Natchez has both reloders in stock. I have not seen 210M in stock anywhere, I'll my eyes open for Fed SR.
RL15 is out of stock as of this morning at Natchez, just checked. Didn't last long.

Las Vegas, NV area, I have (all one pound cans):
1 can H335
1 can H4831
2 cans US869
1 can Power Pro 4000-MR
1 can VV N165
1 can W748
1 can RL-15
1 can IMR-4350
I could provide 1 pound cans of the following from 8 pound kegs:
Varget
H4350
7828ssc
I also have 5 (100 each) CCI 250 Large Rifle Magnum primers.
I'm not interested in trading the entire 8 pound keg of each, but I'm willing to help someone out.
I would like to find:
Power Pro 2000-MR
H414
.500 Jeffery brass

I would like to find:

H414
Look for W760. H414 has been discontinued (2020 iirc). 760 is the same powder and still available (not today unfortunately), but it has been fairly regularly these days

Hodgdon told me the same thing after an impassioned email to reconsider. It's good to know as that's the powder I've had the most luck with in my .338-06 and 210-grain Barnes TTSX.

Hodgdon told me the same thing after an impassioned email to reconsider. It's good to know as that's the powder I've had the most luck with in my .338-06 and 210-grain Barnes TTSX.

My understanding is, W760 is the exact same powder as H414. Now that Hodgdon owns both, they decided they didn't need 2 different containers for the same powder. I actually called and talked to somebody at Hodgdon when I first read a thread saying 414 had been discontinued.
W760 solved my issue regulating my 9.3x74R Chapuis. I'm using more of it as I have found loads for several other calibers that perform well, including the 375H&H. Not to mention, ball powder meters very nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg