Powder & Primer Deals Today

Well, as Vista Outdoors owns Alliant, CCI, Federal and Remington (ammo), I'm sure they're seeing how high they can raise their prices before everyone cries uncle and stops buying some of their products. I cried uncle some time ago on powder and primers. I'll use what I have available and like you substitute where I can. More and more I'm looking for sales deals on factory ammo. Heck, the cost of reloading brass for some of these cartridges doesn't justify reloading them if one can get a good deal on factory ammo.
Vista was selling off all ammo brands to a Czech firm as of December

Not sure that deal is going to go through…

CZ pulled out of their equity stake in Vista last week… the way things are looking, others may follow soon…

That said, Czechoslovak Group owns fiocchi and B&P.. and has expressed interest in expanding its global brand in defense and ammunition markets.. so… maybe they won’t pull out of the deal…

(CSG is a completely different firm than CZ)

I received this email today from normausa.com..

Screenshot_20240408-131531.jpg

Attachments

• CAM PRO Large Rifle Primers 5,5:3-N QTY 1,000 | Norma USA.pdf
    123.5 KB · Views: 12
I received this email today from normausa.com..

View attachment 598163
HAs anyone used these as LRM?

The smaller printing on the box indicates that these are Unis Ginex (presumably "Cam Pro" just being a marketing name).

I've used Unis Ginex small pistol primers and wouldn't hesitate to buy them again if available. With the small pistol primers I tested 2 identical (save for brand of primer) 10 round batches in 9mm Luger. The first batch had CCI small pistol primers, the second Unis Ginex. Average velocities were 1097 and 1099 fps respectively, and standard deviation was 14 and 16 fps. Firing pin primer deformation was identical.

Given the performance of their Small Pistol Primers, I'd quite willing to try any of their rifle primers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy76

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross