Posted for amusement only - Plucked this off the net

I knew I recognized that one attack in the video, and I was able to find the original. Here's the full charge. There's a lot going on in this clip.

Having never been on safari, I can't dissect it in the way many of you can, but the whole thing seems really odd to me. It doesn't look as though there is a PH(?). And I don't know if I've ever seen a little yapping dog like that come along in any other videos I've watched (I particularly like the part where it's biting the guy's pants). Anyone care to share some insight? I only have videos and stories for frame of reference (and not the actual experience), but between the lack of PH, the yipper, the lefty using a right-handed bolt action, etc., it seems like a lot of things were done wrong on this hunt.

I knew I recognized that one attack in the video, and I was able to find the original. Here's the full charge. There's a lot going on in this clip.

Having never been on safari, I can't dissect it in the way many of you can, but the whole thing seems really odd to me. It doesn't look as though there is a PH(?). And I don't know if I've ever seen a little yapping dog like that come along in any other videos I've watched (I particularly like the part where it's biting the guy's pants). Anyone care to share some insight? I only have videos and stories for frame of reference (and not the actual experience), but between the lack of PH, the yipper, the lefty using a right-handed bolt action, etc., it seems like a lot of things were done wrong on this hunt.
My favorite part is that the dude up on the hill filming panics and starts videoing the sky

Would have been a way more awesome video if he stayed on task.

Not uncommong for tracking dogs to join the search of a wounded buffalo.

And I agree....neither of those guys looks like a PH. The gun with the suppressor on doesn' look like a big bore to me but hard to tell from that distance. The whole thing looks like a Goat Rodeo to me

I just want to know how to survive my friend's female Jack Russel, Petunia. You can't get within ten feet of the door before that little beast will attempt to take your leg off.

I just want to know how to survive my friend's female Jack Russel, Petunia. You can't get within ten feet of the door before that little beast will attempt to take your leg off.
Sounds like every chihuahua and min-pin I've ever met.

Same as a buffalo

Lie on the ground
Let her hit you

Ha ha.

Last edited:
Sounds like every chihuahua and min-pin I've ever met.

Same as a buffalo

Lie on the ground
Let her hit you

Ha ha.
As Bill Cosby once said years ago, "thats like if a guy throws a left hook at you, you lean into it!".

@ Terminator: please go ahead and hunt the next one! Even if there really is only a 50% chance
to survive a buff hunt - which I do not believe after 4 dead buffaloes- this is not how statistics work.
You cannot cumulate the probabilities. If there is a 50% chance on the first hunt, then the next hunt it is again a 50% chance, as statistics do not have a memory.
That is why some people continue to loose money at the roulette table - they wait until one colour- red or black-comes for example 5 times in a row, and then put their money on the opposite colour. They think the chance for black increases every time the other color shows, but the probability always remains the same. For even or odd numbers this works as well.

@ Terminator: please go ahead and hunt the next one! Even if there really is only a 50% chance
to survive a buff hunt - which I do not believe after 4 dead buffaloes- this is not how statistics work.
You cannot cumulate the probabilities. If there is a 50% chance on the first hunt, then the next hunt it is again a 50% chance, as statistics do not have a memory.
That is why some people continue to loose money at the roulette table - they wait until one colour- red or black-comes for example 5 times in a row, and then put their money on the opposite colour. They think the chance for black increases every time the other color shows, but the probability always remains the same. For even or odd numbers this works as well.
Yea, I am going live on the edge and hunt another one :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!