POLL: Would you hunt Leopard with Dogs?

Would you hunt Leopard with Dogs?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
@BRICKBURN I noticed last night that the survey buttons, where you'll likely get your statistics, is only available through a browser. I don't get that on the app. Is there a way to bring that up on here? I imagine several others are getting their fix this way, instead of going to the computer.

By the way, I'm loving this app. Thanks again, @Jerome!
Thx @ArmyGrunt! Unfortunately at this time the poll/voting feature is not available on the app.

Absolutely yes! I have heard many good things about the method and sounds like one of the more exciting adventures available.

Not interested in hunting any cat myself (unless it wants to hunt me ).

Not against other hunters doing it.

I think it would be friggin' awesome! I've hunted hogs & bushpigs with dogs. It was a ton of work, but super cool!

My answer is Yes! I have already hunted and taken a mountain lion with hounds. What a great adventure. I think as long as it is legal in the county you are hunting in I don't see a problem. I do like the chess game with a leopard to get them on bait for a shot and that would be my first choice. But I would also hunt them with dogs. Hope that wasn't to wishy washy for Royal27!

Royal will be Ok.

Most assuredly a big yes. Hunted my warthog with dogs, it was an flat out run through some very tough terrain and thick bush. The hunter has to be in good shape and ready to go and try and stay in contact with the dogs. Would love to experience dogs an leopard hunt.

Depends. If I knew the outfitter and was certain we were hunting cats off a kill - or in an area where finding a fresh spoor was possible - then yes. If there was any chance that the spoor was provided by a trapped and released cat - perhaps with a little chemically enhanced confusion - then absolutely not.

@Red Leg , I think we all agree with you. I certainly wouldn't want to be involved in a drugged leopard.

would do it 100% have hunted mtn lion with dogs and it is amazing and a damn tough hunt looking for tracks then chasing those dogs through waist deep snow in the mtns but experience one will never forget go do it. I want a leopard bad for next yr and I will take it by any legal means period:)

IF YOU SUPPORT HUNTING LEOPARD WITH HOUNDS AS A METHOD ANSWER YES.
It's my failure in question design, when I made the question personal and not about the method of hunting.

Given the fact that the Anti's are pressuring consultants and government game departments on the subject of Hounds and Leopard, I wanted to know what HUNTERS thought on the subject.

You know, the people who foot the bill for conservation in Africa.

Please vote and get everyone else you know to help us get a result to pass along to the various interested bodies.

For my education, for those of you who vote NO can you send me a PM with the reason to help me present a balanced view of the reasons. Thanks.

Yes sir !

D............. If there was any chance that the spoor was provided by a trapped and released cat - perhaps with a little chemically enhanced confusion - then absolutely not.

Ethical, legal hunting only.

I certainly would not hunt a leopard with hounds............

Unless I could afford it or someone paid for the hunt for me.

I would do it for sure, being a real common and effective practice in my country to hunt Pumas with hounds.......

I have no desire to hunt a leopard, but if I did it would be with dogs and Not riding behind in a truck but on foot. You won't catch me sitting in a blind with bait up a tree.

Yes, for sure. I like hunting with dogs and to me it adds to the adventure. Sure sitting for hours and days in the blind builds up to some exciting moments. But the torture of sitting that long kills me inside every time. Don't get me wrong, I know sitting still in a good spot is one of the best ways to fill your tag but I like action.

YES! I have hunted with dogs off and on all my life, my junk knees won't allow chasing the treeing hounds anymore especially in rough country but if I could physically handle it I am sure it would be a great hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg