Politics

1638044817954.png

Half the voters are below average in intelligence. Have you seen average lately?
The thing which most befuddles me is how the left can be so cynical and naïve simultaneously.

One need be very cynical to believe only men with power can compel men without it to do The Right Thing. And naïve, because how can any sentient human trust government with more and more power?

“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?” -- Frederic Bastiat​

The thing which most befuddles me is how the left can be so cynical and naïve simultaneously.

One need be very cynical to believe only men with power can compel men without it to do The Right Thing. And naïve, because how can any sentient human trust government with more and more power?

‘The Law’ should be required reading in every high school in the nation. Of course they don’t even bother with the constitution, so I mustn’t get my hopes up.

It was required reading in my house...all 3 of my kids had to read it.

Ours as well. Foundational works are important to put others in context.

also made them read Henry Hazlitt's "Economics in One Lesson."

After that, I didn't really care what they read, because the truth contained in those 2 books cannot be unlearned. Doesn't matter how flashy or popular some "new" idea might be, there is always the undeniable reality those 2 books lead the reader to perceive.

‘The Law’ should be required reading in every high school in the nation. Of course they don’t even bother with the constitution, so I mustn’t get my hopes up.

What are you talking about???

How can the school have required reading when the students haven't been taught to READ??

And,

ECONOMICS?? One must know at least third grade level arithmetic before trying to understand that and from what I see, the schools have failed in that department too.

1638059361445.png

1638061872636.png

1638064577336.png

Isn't that Greta Thundberg or whoever the girl that says everyone is killing her?

1638070709364.png

1638099467259.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross