Politics

Romanians apparently use it as well. Not a huge surprise, I suppose. The whole country was named after Rome.

They do, but Romanian is not a Slavic language, it has Italic roots.

True. Romanian is from roman group of langagues. (with italian, french, portugal, spanish, etc)

In today's news...............full article attached
(a trillion here, a trillion there, pretty soon we're talkin' real money)

Civil Rights Principles for Student Loan Debt Cancellation .

The $1.7 trillion student loan crisis is crushing individuals, families, and our economy,. and the weight of this burden is disproportionately borne by women and Black and Latino 1 borrowers.2 This did not happen by accident. Policymakers intentionally shifted away from publicly funding our higher education system to a primarily debt-financed system just as students of color and women gained access,3 disregarding the rising cost of college for students and families, persistent racial wealth and income disparities, ongoing discrimination in the labor and credit markets, and many other societal and policy failures. These decisions have left a generation of borrowers4 on the brink of financial devastation simply because they sought economic security through higher education.5 A debt-financed higher education system in a society defined by dramatic racial, gender, disability, and wealth disparities will always be inherently flawed and inequitable.6 Though there are established programs intended to make student loan repayment manageable, the impediments to accessing relief through these programs are well documented.7 In fact, very few borrowers have been successful in obtaining relief through repayment programs and default and delinquency rates remain high despite their availability.8 The only solution that addresses the harms of the past and clears the landscape to create a better system going forward is to cancel $50,000 of student debt per borrower. The civil rights community calls on the Biden-Harris administration to provide immediate cancellation based on the below principles which will ensure equitable relief for all student borrowers.

Attachments

• Civil-Rights-Principles-for-Student-Loan-Debt-Cancellation.pdf
    303.5 KB · Views: 30
Probably should have posted these in the Politics forum but I like this one better.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg

Great. Another thing for the working stiffs to pay off.

Let’s make the “payoff” dependent on maintaining at least a 3.5 gpa and see how that goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

The $1.7 trillion student loan crisis is crushing individuals, families, and our economy,. and the weight of this burden is disproportionately borne by women and Black and Latino 1 borrowers.2 This did not happen by accident. Policymakers intentionally shifted away from publicly funding our higher education system to a primarily debt-financed system just as students of color and women gained access,3 disregarding the rising cost of college for students and families, persistent racial wealth and income disparities, ongoing discrimination in the labor and credit markets, and many other societal and policy failures. These decisions have left a generation of borrowers4 on the brink of financial devastation simply because they sought economic security through higher education.5 A debt-financed higher education system in a society defined by dramatic racial, gender, disability, and wealth disparities will always be inherently flawed and inequitable.6 Though there are established programs intended to make student loan repayment manageable, the impediments to accessing relief through these programs are well documented.7 In fact, very few borrowers have been successful in obtaining relief through repayment programs and default and delinquency rates remain high despite their availability.8 The only solution that addresses the harms of the past and clears the landscape to create a better system going forward is to cancel $50,000 of student debt per borrower. The civil rights community calls on the Biden-Harris administration to provide immediate cancellation based on the below principles which will ensure equitable relief for all student borrowers.

Awesome.

I guess that for those of us who didn't borrow money to go to college, or those who didn't go to college, or even for those who went into debt but have completely discharged it, well, we just don't matter.

Awesome.

I guess that for those of us who didn't borrow money to go to college, or those who didn't go to college, or even for those who went into debt but have completely discharged it, well, we just don't matter.
I would really like a reimbursement.

IMG_1543.jpg

Last edited:
I really need to stop thinking about “what’s next” cuz the news keeps beating me to it.

When comes the day they raise the SS age to 85 so we have to keep working to pay for all this?

Funny thing is it doesn't matter .

The Catholic Slavic nations use the Latin alphabet: Poles, Czechs, Slovakians, Slovenians and Croatians.
Yes, and everyone uses different versions of the Latin alphabet, these written languages do not mutually coincide. I don't quite understand why. Especially difficult is the fact that diphthongs and triphthongs are not similar to English, so it is difficult to read Polish roadnames (Czechs for sibilant consonants do all sorts of squiggles over the letters).
But this is writing, it can be anything. There is for example a Latin alphabet for the Russian language, the so-called "telegraph". I used to work with it when I was young.
But it's about the proximity of languages. The Polish pronunciation is very different from Russian, but my friends who have lived in Poland for a long time, said that in a month you get used to it, you begin to learn the words. Many words differ in the replacement of letters, for example, in Polish "rz", in Russian it is "r". "Andrew" - "Andrzej".
Czech - yes, it is the most different language. Slovaks understand it because they have lived in a common state for a long time. I once bought a book about hunting in a Czechoslovak bookstore and immediately bought a dictionary. But it turned out that the book is in Slovak, and the dictionary is Czech. It took me a long time to figure it out.
By the way, an anecdote about the Czech language: "the medical commission checks the immigrant. The optometrist shows a line on the table: "read this: CZRHS". Subject: "Oh, I know this guy!"

This topic is quite political. Both world wars began with an attack on the Slavic countries. This is not for nothing. The modern west-east conflict is rooted in long-standing events. The problems there began when Russia began to liberate those Slavic and Orthodox countries that were under the rule of the Turks (in the 18th century). The Europeans thought,
"These Russians are already too f...ing many, and what will happen if they join the Slavs, who are close to them in blood and language?".
And Austria was worried about its Slavic provinces, although historically it was often an ally of Russia. So some modern events are rooted in those times.

Romanians apparently use it as well. Not a huge surprise, I suppose. The whole country was named after Rome.
Historically, all the areas around the Mediterranean were Roman Empire, and even after the division into Western and Eastern, Latin was used there. But by the 7th century, the Eastern Empire had switched to Greek, but the peripheral areas retained the vernacular Latin. Romanians I know have told me that Romanian is still closer to Latin than Italian, but I don't know either. Modern Italian is based on the Florentine dialect, and this area is not purely Latin, there lived the Etruscans conquered by the Romans.

There's a house next-door. When we purchased our house in 1987 the people that lived next-door rented the house. He worked for the USPS. they were a very nice neighborly couple. then he got promoted/transferred so they moved away. The adult daughter of the owner moved in. She wasn't neighborly but she kept to herself. the house was sold to an elderly couple and the guy was a jerk. He violated the property line so much that we needed to have a fence built. He died, the widow sold the house to a woman who previously lived outside the city limits. the fence notwithstanding she had building projects that violated city code and led to thousands of dollars of damage to our property (which the insurance company said were not covered). the woman is owner of a small restaurant and is younger than us, so is not likely to be moving away. with the onset of the virus restrictions my wife hoped that the restaurant would go broke so the woman would move.

But in looking at the progression, it is likely that the new owners would be even worse than the last. this seems analogous to much of politics and sports. Politicians or athletes show themselves to be complete rectal orifices and a lot of people hope and pray that the politician/athlete is replaced.

Problem is: the replacement tends to be worse than the person being replaced.

Some Gypsies in Europe have the self-designation "Roma". They do not know Latin, but they once lived in Romania as slaves to Romanian and Hungarian landowners. They gained their freedom in the 1860s.

Reactions: WAB
Some Gypsies in Europe have the self-designation "Roma". They do not know Latin, but they once lived in Romania as slaves to Romanian and Hungarian landowners. They gained their freedom in the 1860s.
You eastern Europeans do need to sort out this Finnish/Hungarian thing. Where did they really originate? :unsure:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg