Politics

@Pheroze - we are all dependent on the creativity and industry of others. but creativity and industry ultimately rely on efficient free exchange to mutual benefit. The most glaring example of this truism is to compare the old Eastern Bloc to the west. In the Eastern Bloc, people stood in line and waited to buy bread. In the west, we have bread in the stores waiting for us. Why did they stand in line, waiting for bread? There was no incentive to anyone to be creative or industrious or thrifty.

regulation will *always* make that free exchange less efficient, less economical because it injects something into the exchange neither party to it would have ever voluntarily undertaken.

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities, but of their advantages.” -- Adam Smith​

The battery pack in a Tesla weighs 1200 pounds. I guess the greenies think it doesn't take any energy to haul around that much weight every time that vehicle moves. Who in their right mind would load up their vehicle with a half a ton of lead just to go to the grocery store. On top of that, the Tesla Model S weighs over two tons, the same weight as a full size pickup. So much for saving the planet with electric cars.
Not to mention all the plastic and tires the Tesla has needed petroleum to manufacture those products? It seems the promoters of clean energy today are playing a shell game. You have an electric car which uses electricity produced from mostly petroleum sources (at least in most parts of the country at this time), and many if not most of the car parts require petroleum to be manufactured? Meanwhile, China is STILL building coal fired power plants every week. Regardless of what their official propaganda is to the world regarding moving towards clean energy, I don’t believe they have any intention of crippling their economy and doing that any time soon. I think they’re playing the world and our leaders are gullible/stupid/clueless while destroying our economies in an overnight race to clean energy. China is laughing all the way to the coal mines!

The U.S. has reduced coal fired power plants and China has increased them.

China approved the construction of a further 36.9 GW of coal-fired capacity last year, three times more than a year earlier, bringing the total under construction to 88.1 GW. It now has 247 GW of coal power under development, enough to supply the whole of Germany.Feb 3, 2021

China approved the construction of a further 36.9 GW of coal-fired capacity last year, three times more than a year earlier, bringing the total under construction to 88.1 GW. It now has 247 GW of coal power under development, enough to supply the whole of Germany.Feb 3, 2021

Why aren’t the radical Green New Deal factions in the U.S., E.U. and other countries, holding China accountable for their increasing air pollution through the U.N.? Because the U.N. and the leaders (our own China Joe for instance) of some of these other countries are bought and paid for by China.

And Germany (or other countries) will buy that coal produced power while claiming they’re achieving clean energy and eliminating emissions within their country? I guess every country has their own atmospheres? What a joke!

Self appointed climate guru and world savior Bill Gates wants us to eat plant based meat instead of the real thing. The byproduct of which is methane gas. I guess we'll have to wear some sort of capture device and in our living quarters, have a storage facility for it.

Self appointed climate guru and world savior Bill Gates wants us to eat plant based meat instead of the real thing. The byproduct of which is methane gas. I guess we'll have to wear some sort of capture device and in our living quarters, have a storage facility for it.
I can’t wait! Another liberal elitist who made his billions on conservative capitalism. Will the hypocrisy ever go away?

That's pretty funny. A lot of acreage devoted to corn would have to change, and the greens seem to love the idea of EtOH as a "renewable," even though it is a good bit less efficient/energy-dense than petroleum. So if corn acreage doesn't change, it would mean we'd have to put a lot more land under till to supply all of that extra vegetation.

Ultimately, less efficient is dirtier than more efficient.

I think he would prefer us to eat Soylent Green.

As to all that corn going for ethanol in cars, what a waste of what should be bourbon and other corn whiskies!

Question; do all these green idiots know where the batteries for the electric cars come from, and where the materials come from to make them? But then again, I don't believe they care.

Question; do all these green idiots know where the batteries for the electric cars come from, and where the materials come from to make them? But then again, I don't believe they care.
that was rhetorical, right? ;)

you don't really seem to know much about what is going on in Texas. Our government doesn't do a lot, and what it does do, it frequently does very poorly (as all governments do).

when private industry fails in some capacity, lefties are always "see, i told you so"

when government fails, which is daily, lefties seem never to publicly notice, until the next budget cycle starts, then they insist they only need more money and they'll for sure get it right this time.

Do not be completely mistaken
A good customer of mine, in my neighborhood moreover, has a factory in Smith County. I am always very interested in what news comes out of Texas. Economically as well as politically.
I like Texas (and their gunlaws)

Guys and Gals, on this energy stuff do me a favour please and look up on google a thing called a SANKEY DIAGRAM. It is a tool engineers use to see how much energy is required for a process, where it comes from and where it goes to. You could do it for making a Tesla, operating a Tesla, even for life itself. I am sure very many energy experts have done this, it is known. Bottom line is simply this, we live in an electric age, it is simple and easy to use and distribute electrical energy, you turn on switches. The primary source for that electricity for now is fossil fuel, but in the future all of it could be nuclear. Solar and wind will NEVER EVER keep abreast with the growing world population and in any event it is nature-fragile as we recently witnessed. Electricity is not yet capable of running locomotion, the energy density of today's batteries is simply too low. It may come. So in the meantime fossil fuel for vehicles, hybrid or otherwise, and nuclear for everything else is a workable formula with not too much downside.
Here is the problem, politicians are too thick to understand this stuff and engineers are too smart to want to be politicians.

Some small towns in Kansas are getting stuck with huge natural gas bills. I myself can live off the grid if I choose. Those little towns are full of welfare people. I doubt the gas people collect much.

That's pretty funny. A lot of acreage devoted to corn would have to change, and the greens seem to love the idea of EtOH as a "renewable," even though it is a good bit less efficient/energy-dense than petroleum. So if corn acreage doesn't change, it would mean we'd have to put a lot more land under till to supply all of that extra vegetation.

Ultimately, less efficient is dirtier than more efficient.
The corn farmers got burned big time in the fall of 2008 when they were growing massive amounts of corn for ethanol when gas prices hit $4.10/gallon over that summer. The bottom dropped out of oil and prices went to $1.85 and the farmers were left holding the bag. I don’t know if they’d fall for another exotic scheme after that fiasco?

Hmm. So after Llamas, ostriches, ginseng, and so many more, no one is going to fall for any other ’exotic scheme’ after corn?

Hmm. So after Llamas, ostriches, ginseng, and so many more, no one is going to fall for any other ’exotic scheme’ after corn?
Your right! Never mind, I had a moment of thinking common sense. I need to stop that!

No problem. Could happen to anyone these days!

I like her

F1F7B213-4B8E-4490-8E39-988363DFB788.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!