Politics

Just as the DemonRats will be throwing the Bidet under the bus so that they can move on to the Horrible and her pack, the Republicans are throwing Trump aside so that they can have a competitive chance at the nomination in 2024 and avoid a rematch.

Yep, most swamp dwellers stick together. Latest example is the turtle, perfectly willing to just trade places with upchuck as they swim round and round doing the backstroke in the stinking, rotten, septic porridge. Some posts in this massive thread seem to reflect a belief we are dealing with normal people with whom we have a difference of opinion. We are and do not! We are staring right at evil and many don't, can't or choose not to even recognize it, preferring rather to blame those on our side instead of the real enemy. There is strength in numbers and as each gutless (expletive deleted) no matter their rank in the hierarchy, from common citizen to elected official, fades to what they perceive is safe ground, we lose ground and come closer to being wiped out. Taking the neutral, independent position and thinking it safe, is a fool's errand at best, likely more damaging to the good side than residing in the wrong side. Yes, there are two sides in this fight- right and wrong, good and evil. Very disappointing to see some preferring to debate other like minded chameleons about some rare air subject having nothing to do with a reality hiding in plain sight. :(

Well, I see Wyoming’s Liz Cheney has indicated she’ll vote for Trump’s impeachment. She’s stated she voted her conscience. Maybe so. Right or wrong, it doesn’t matter. In the next few years, when the Democrats destroy or attempt to destroy her constituents job/tax base by choking the oil and natural gas industry through environmental and bureaucratic laws and regulations, she’ll be out of a job. Money (good paying jobs, tax base) talks, bullshit walks. Trump will be a distant, painful memory when she’s standing in the unemployment line.

Well, I see Wyoming’s Liz Cheney has indicated she’ll vote for Trump’s impeachment. She’s stated she voted her conscience. Maybe so. Right or wrong, it doesn’t matter. In the next few years, when the Democrats destroy or attempt to destroy her constituents job/tax base by choking the oil and natural gas industry through environmental and bureaucratic laws and regulations, she’ll be out of a job. Money (good paying jobs, tax base) talks, bullshit walks. Trump will be a distant, painful memory when she’s standing in the unemployment line.
Cheney, just sealed her doom.

1610546652238.png

If I sounded condescending, then I truly regret it. However, a life-long personal observation (and I am hardly the only one) is that old men and young boys who cry out for and justify violence and revolution tend never to have seen it. If that implies a certain lack of patience or consideration for those views then I am probably guilty as charged.

Trump has been unwilling to accept that, and has been happy to tear his party apart as part of his frustration. The most incomprehensible thing to me was when he tweeted on Dec 26th “Big protest in D.C. on January 6th, Be there, will be wild!” What did he think would happen?

I would still like to know what it was about my last post that made you consider an "angry retort"..?

Regardless, I am not a young boy, nor an old man just yet.. Nor am I a snowflake who requires a safe space when my opinions are challenged. However, it did sound as if you came across a bit condescending to anyone who, in your estimation, is calling for violent confrontation without having experienced it for themselves or witnessed the cost of such actions. I am hardly naïve to the damage and suffering from any violent confrontation that I fear is both inevitable and possibly necessary.

I will break my own rule of stating my resume on the internet if it gives me the "credibility" I need to state my opinions. After completing my service as a U.S. Marine, I went straight into the police academy where I proudly served for 31 years. 10 years as a patrol cop and 21 years as a homicide detective working the inner cities in the second largest county in Florida. I was deployed to Dade county for a month during the '89 Miami riots. I have been shot, run over, and involved in more physical altercations than I can possibly count. I have taken my share of beatings, and given many back in self-defense. I have worked hundreds of murder and rape cases, and unfortunately had a front row seat to some of the most horrific acts human beings are capable of... And, I have also attended more cop funerals than I care to remember. So, I think it's safe to say I have seen and personally experienced enough criminal violence and human suffering to last several lifetimes.. Certainly enough to have an informed opinion on the subject.

In regard to Trump tearing the republican party apart, I see it quite differently.. First of all, Trump was a populist that ran on the republican ticket. He reinvented the republican party to the great dismay and resistance to many RINOS and never-Trumpers who he attempted to expose for the swamp rats that they truly were. There was never going to be unity within the republican party as long as Trump threatened the status quo.. Trump created an evolution of the party that many were NEVER going to embrace no matter how much of a deceitful facade they displayed in any attempts to preserve their own power and agendas. To suggest that many of his former political allies decided that the DC event was the straw that broke the camel's back for them is bullshit. It was an excuse to jump ship in attempts to save their own political futures instead of taking a brave controversial stand.

Your problem with Trump's tweet that you quoted is also puzzling? Are you seriously suggesting this is incitement? I watched Trump's DC Rally speech many times over, and I have still yet to see where exactly the incitement part comes in? Unless we are using the left's nonsensical criteria that these are "dog whistle" signals to his radical base, there is nothing inappropriate especially when compared to the dozens of examples of blatant incitement of violence that we have seen from so many politicians and pundits on the left over these last 4 years. You should be asking the "What did they think would happen?" question of every single democratic politician and pundit that wrapped themselves in the First Amendment while American cities burned.

Last edited:
I genuinely thank you for your service. I was aware that you were a former police officer, if not the specifics. It in no way changes my assessment of the typical keyboard warrior advocating for civil war or violence of some form.

I would certainly agree that enormous provocation has been building for several years with regard to a backlash. But if you can't see how providing the venue and the encouragement for such combustion, spontaneous or otherwise, isn't irresponsible of a president, then we have no grounds for discussion. And nothing could have played better into the hands of democrats.

With respect to Trump's former allies, they have been abandoning him or have been abandoned by him routinely since he entered office. To the true Trump acolyte this has nothing to do with his inability to offer stable leadership and everything to do with Rino's and secret traitors. The final few weeks has indeed accelerated that process and why should anyone be surprised not all are eager to throw themselves on the pyre of the mad king.

If this country does stumble into civil war, the outcome will be a totalitarian government regardless who prevails. Our last venture into such a fiasco was sectional and economic - this one would be ideological. The problem with the later is that it demands purity regardless who wins. It is why this current effort to limit free speech needs to end politically. I remain convinced the base for a majority coalition is there to do it if given the right leadership.

The key words are "the right leadership". I truly don't know who that would be. None of the people I have seen suggested could I support and I positively will not vote for another Romney or McCain.

To the true Trump acolyte this has nothing to do with his inability to offer stable leadership and everything to do with Rino's and secret traitors.

LOL.. I suppose you also didn't mean to be condescending with this remark either? If you are implying that I am a blind sycophant, conspiracy theorist, or part of the "Trump cult", you have grossly misinterpreted the content of my posts. I have no delusions of what Trump is, and I have always been critical in calling out his shortcomings and missteps as I see them. My support for Trump is much more in support of the messaging and not the man per say.

To buy into your statement above statement one would have to believe that Trump failed to unite a republican party of whom a great many within the party had no intention of offering true loyalty in the first place. I contend Trump was never destined to unite the party. He was destined to revolutionize the party which inevitably angered, alienated, an intimidated many of those wielding the most power within the party. You now view them as distancing themselves from the mad king.. I view most of them as vengeful hyenas that are taking advantage of the opportunity to attack as a pack.

Any failures on Trump's part to impose certain policies or legislation of his overall agenda most certainly came from obstruction and opposition from within his own party every bit as much as it came from the dems or his own political missteps. To dismiss this reality by trivializing it as a false beliefs on the part of the radical base is either disingenuous or naïve in my view, and I am surprised that you see it that way.

Last edited:
The key words are "the right leadership". I truly don't know who that would be. None of the people I have seen suggested could I support and I positively will not vote for another Romney or McCain.
I could not agree more. From what I have seen thus far, Ron DeSantis impresses me the most of the next generation. He seems to be both tough and articulate. If you haven't seen the video, he absolutely owned a CNN reporter trying to give a speech rather than ask a question and his order with regard to state divestiture of investment in media platforms is exactly the sort of thing other republican governors need to be doing.

LOL.. I suppose you also didn't mean to be condescending with this remark either? If you are implying that I am a blind sycophant, conspiracy theorist, or part of the "Trump cult", you have grossly misinterpreted the content of my posts. I have no delusions of what Trump is, and I have always been critical in calling out his shortcomings and missteps as I see them.

To buy into your statement above statement one would have to believe that Trump failed to unite a republican party of whom a great many within the party had no intention of offering true loyalty in the first place. I contend Trump was never destined to unite the party. He was destined to revolutionize the party which inevitably angered, alienated, an intimidated many of those wielding the most power within the party. You view them as distancing themselves from the mad king.. I view most of them as vengeful hyenas that are taking advantage of the opportunity to attack as a pack.

Any failures on Trumps part to impose certain policies or legislation of his overall agenda most certainly came from obstruction and opposition from within his own party every bit as much as it came from the dems or his own political missteps. To dismiss this reality by trivializing it as a false beliefs on the part of the radical base is either disingenuous or naïve in my view, and I am surprised that you see it that way.
We are clearly talking past each other. My comment was not aimed at you at all. However, I think it does accurately describe many who worship Trump rather than support his policy agenda - an agenda which I believe should and must now be advanced by other leaders. I would sum that up as an "America first" economic vision that will appeal to working and middle class voters across this country regardless of ethnic allegiance. And you are correct, that makes many traditional country club republicans like Romney very uncomfortable. Who cares? Where else do they have to go? What we need to be smart enough to do is marshal our energy behind that new leadership sooner rather than later and continue to advance what is a winning vision for the country. Trump is done. We can argue how much was a result of his self-immolation or the work of his enemies, but we need to find that new leadership ASAP.

Just as in E.A.Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher the decline and potential fall of the US will be the result of a fault that was overlooked at the country's inception. The media's claim of the problem was the revisionists historical view claiming that slavery was the sin that is causing all the problems. In reality, the real reason is that the founders weren't able to consider the possibility that a segment of Americans would become professional politicians and that these politicians would manipulate the countries currency such that they had virtually no controls imposed on their spending. those faults are readily seen in the country today but analogous to Catch 22, the system that is ruining the country is the same system that benefits the politicians and the politicians are the only ones with the power to change it, and they have no motivation to do so. Until the technology revolution there were enough varied sources of information of the various issues that the citizen could ferret out some resemblance of fact from fiction. However with the monopolization of the information industry into just a few people/corporations and the elimination of dissenting views, all but the most energetic of searchers tend to see only what the few want them to see and believe. So the few powerful people become what used to be known as King Makers, which is what they are. They get an ambitious person that has no scruples and tell him/her what the company line is and if he/she will follow it, they will provide enough media to overwhelm any opposition and place him/her in positions of authority, which reverts back to the new kings ability to remain in office for life and have unlimited spending authority to benefit the king makers and him/her self.

So what is the solution to this death spiral that the country is in? There will be a war- but not in the terms that Capt Red legs understands. there are two courses- the one the country is presently on and is currently engaged in is a war with other countries, primarily China who seek to remove the US from its position of global dominance and turn the US into colony status. The incoming administration appears to be on this path.

The other option is a Gandhi type civil lack of cooperation- winding the economy down by merely sitting down and refusing to cooperate. the danger of this method is that it will put the country in a position of weakness and vulnerability to the takeover by hostile countries as noted above.

But since neither option includes the ability of the politicians to correct the two main faults omitted by the founders, it appears the country will continue until it is no longer capable of financing itself. Then the end will come.

Hopefully when the figurative Phoenix rises from the ashes and the US is rebirthed the new constitution will include a requirement for a balanced budget and term limits for politicians and hopefully safeguards rto pfrevent there ever becoming a governing class of people.

If I sounded condescending, then I truly regret it. However, a life-long personal observation (and I am hardly the only one) is that old men and young boys who cry out for and justify violence and revolution tend never to have seen it. If that implies a certain lack of patience or consideration for those views then I am probably guilty as charged.

If I have found few people in my lifetime with whom I could have an extended discussion about the causes and consequences of the Spanish Civil War, that no doubt influenced the phrasing of my comments about it. Assuming you are both familiar with the period, then I will gladly debate the merits of doing everything in our power to prevent a similar catastrophe in our own country.

I am not sure what you mean by soap box. This forum would seem to be a rather tiny one. If on the other hand you mean I seem overly sure of my opinions, then fine. Please inform all of us of another practical course of action we should take. I am all ears.

When I used the expression "the blood of patriots," I assumed anyone reading it would know that I was referring to Jefferson's statement "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Lately, a number of the radical right organizations have been tossing the phrase around way too freely implying with it a license to commit violence. I think there are any number of conservatives and republicans who are willing fight politically with all their might for the future of this country. You will not find a single elected official who thinks violence or civil war is the answer.

But the future you both articulate is, unfortunately, absolutely possible. It can be stopped in its tracks politically. But that will take time and hard work. And we have regressed in that hard work enormously over the last 60 days. The good news is that we already have the numbers, and the ability to grow them. The question now is whether or not we are willing to get back to work.

I am worried sick about the future of my country. I have come to believe Trump has done our cause enormous harm since the election. It is becoming ever clearer that he ran the wrong campaign. Voter day turnout was not enough (wasn't in the GA runoff either) to overcome the mail-in wave. It also was obvious to anyone with any political experience that multiple state certifications would never be overturned. Trump has been unwilling to accept that, and has been happy to tear his party apart as part of his frustration. The most incomprehensible thing to me was when he tweeted on Dec 26th “Big protest in D.C. on January 6th, Be there, will be wild!” What did he think would happen? Naturally, the democrats have been all too thrilled to take advantage of the chaos. I just pray God we get through the next few weeks without further marginalizing what should be mainstream American thought.
I want to clarify that I’m not calling for violence or civil war, yet. Looking back I should have used different wording.

I’m not an old man or a young boy. I’m a young man with a wife and child on the way and for that reason I’m terrified of a civil war. I still believe that one may be needed at some point in the near future.

I agree with your proposed strategy (for preventing a civil war and righting the ship) and I hope and pray that you are correct in saying that there is in fact a political remedy. I just don’t see it at this point. As I have said before I believe the course of action you posit should’ve been started in earnest 30-60 years ago but hindsight is 20/20.

The Jefferson quote is a good one and while it may be reckless at the moment there may soon be a day when it is appropriate.

I’m not certain whether you were referring to me in a later post when speaking about internet warriors but I’m going to assume you were. We all know what they say about assumptions so I apologize in advance if I’m wrong. If in fact you were including me then all I have to say to that is- we’ll see what happens. I sincerely hope I don’t get the opportunity to prove anything.

All of this talk of civil war in the bloodshed kind- I'm confused. Will those that start it be handing out programs so the participants will know who their friends and enemies are? So far the DemonRats have labeled anyone that supported President Trump as a "White Supremist" and the "good guys" are those that supported Joe Bidet. But those that supported either candidate are not defined along all of the diversity lines that the DemonRats are applying. Members of each of the groups voted differently.

So will they be issuing uniforms or different colored hats?

Since this is not going to happen I don't see a "civil war" as happening and as far as I'm concerned I'll paraphrase David Crocket, I'll go home and the politicians can all go to Hell.

Reactions: WAB
If it turns bloody it won't be a civil war where trenches are dug and uniforms worn. It will be much much much worse than that. It will be acts of terror committed on civilian targets (as 90% of the police and armed forces are PROBABLY Republican leaning so the right won't want to shoot or bomb their own ideological brothers). So now we have a situation where some yahoos on both sides are sniping those on the other side and so it will go on until the government steps in HARD.

The new reality will then be curfews, crackdowns and gun confiscation. It's the only way law and order will be restored. Now you have lost your lives/livelihoods, freedoms and guns. Only then will all realise this was the planned end game all along.

IMHO

acts of terror committed on civilian targets So now we have a situation where some yahoos on both sides are sniping those on the other side

i still don't understand how someone will figure out who the enemy is. I suppose a leftie could take aim at someone that had a Trump bumper sticker or yard sign, but that is just saying that the DemonRats would be against the Republicans and I haven't seen that level of animosity. What I hear the left extremists saying is that the various sectors that they see as their support base (the various continental origin groups, non-straight sexual perspectives, those in favor of rights to kill not-yet-born people, the various races and non-Judeo/Christian faiths) going against "White Supremist" and Jews. To buy into that one must ignore the classifications of several leftist politicians as well as rightist politicians and those involved in the various activities over the last year or two. There is just so much cross-over I don't see how anyone could take action against another person and be certain that he/she was an "other" short of being a politician or publicly known person identified with this group or that. So I can see where there could be attempted assassinations but that doesn't make a civil war.

i still don't understand how someone will figure out who the enemy is. I suppose a leftie could take aim at someone that had a Trump bumper sticker or yard sign, but that is just saying that the DemonRats would be against the Republicans and I haven't seen that level of animosity. What I hear the left extremists saying is that the various sectors that they see as their support base (the various continental origin groups, non-straight sexual perspectives, those in favor of rights to kill not-yet-born people, the various races and non-Judeo/Christian faiths) going against "White Supremist" and Jews. To buy into that one must ignore the classifications of several leftist politicians as well as rightist politicians and those involved in the various activities over the last year or two. There is just so much cross-over I don't see how anyone could take action against another person and be certain that he/she was an "other" short of being a politician or publicly known person identified with this group or that. So I can see where there could be attempted assassinations but that doesn't make a civil war.
Couldn't agree more. It will devolve into yahoos taking pot shots at anyone not of "their perceived group" Bombings of "opposition" business or homes... it won't be a civil war.

Can't agree with the sections of the DemonRat that have not shown animosity statement. The left will become more left as those that have shown restraint will be emboldened. Some of them may not take up the gun but they will support the lawmakers when they make laws that push the right to defend the position they hold dear. Look what is already happening today. They have a hate for Trump and impeaching him with a few days left in office. They are going to push their agenda very very hard in the near and distant future.

The movie "The Purge" comes to mind, just on a daily basis... surely not as bad but one will never know if they are a target or not. It's not like a war where you are always a target.

As I said earlier:
The new reality will then be curfews, crackdowns and gun confiscation. It's the only way law and order will be restored. Now you have lost your lives/livelihoods, freedoms and guns. Only then will all realise this was the planned end game all along.

If it ever turned bloody it would well and truly be the end of America. As Red Leg has said, whoever wins will have to become a totalitarian and crush the opposition on a continual basis. The land of the free will be a thing of the past. A truly Orwellian future.

Last edited:
Keep cool heads guys. It can be debated forever how things got to this point, but the indisputable fact that the Dems are in power means they own it. Unbelievably some very stupid Dems and liberals are still lighting matches while treading in petrol, particularly CNN. Smart people on both sides however are beginning to dial it back. Here is what you do - go book a hunt, get out some favourite hunting books, polish your Courteneys (or Ledy's!). Let it all cool down. Elections in two year's time, thats not very long, just two hunting seasons!

My wife and I have been talking about these issues since before Trump won in 2016. While we both voted for him, I never thought he would win due to his personality flaws and unprofessionalism. My wife called it all the way that he would win.

In 2020, we were more on the same page that his chances didn't look good but we both support most of his policies and voted for him again. Due to his lack of self-awareness and seemingly complete lack of any understanding of how he comes across combined with his disregard of appealing to new voters, he didn't win. He should have been smarter than this. He is NOT an intelligent man. It was very important for us all for him to win again but he couldn't get out of his own way. To say I am disappointed in him and his stubborn disregard for common sense campaign strategy is an understatement. With everything he did accomplish and with his concern about average Americans, it should have been a landslide. Even with a biased MSM, I thought possibly even more people would vote for him in 2020 after seeing the mess in our big cities all summer but he did some really stupid things that cost him the election:

1. While he started out doing the COVID daily press conferences in a fairly decent way for a couple weeks, he kept doing them WAY too long and the press conferences turned into the same old message, or worse, every day. He ended up making a fool of himself. He should have just let Pence and the doctors do them after two weeks but his ego and lack of self-awareness got the best of him. The press conferences soon took an ugly turn and he started saying stupid things.

2. His performance at the October debate was ridiculous and completely un-presidential. How in the hell did he not realize what he was doing? COMPLETE lack of self-awareness and how he came across.

3. Same old, same old messaging and talking points at EVERY rally. No appealing to new voters outside of his base. Turned into a self-aggrandizement tour.

What we need now is somebody with most of the same policies but with a brain in their head who is tough enough to talk truth to the biased media but in a smarter and more articulate manner. Such a person will still have to be an attention getter but not cross the line like Trump too often did. Desantis? Maybe. Pompeo? Maybe. Pence? Probably too soft-spoken but a hell of a good man. Josh Hawley? Maybe - he's articulate and smarter than Trump. Liz Cheney? Don't be surprised if she runs. Don Jr.? He would be awesome for us as hunters but now he's kind of followed his father of a cliff and the Trump name is soiled. Damn, I hope someone great emerges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg