Politics

1607282646696.png

Is it normal in Georgia, for two Georgia state Senators, (Jen Jordan and Elena Parent) who are running for reelection, to be in a room with ballots? Just curious. (Credit to Roscoe Davis for pointing this out)

1607283798433.png

This IT Security nerd looks at some of the videos and thinks to himself "no way is Dominion so incompetent." I could see incompetence at county and state level of the election machine, but not this degree of incompetence.

The surreptitious thumb drive handoff raises quite a number of questions, and they all point to malice, not incompetence.

1. it is normal practice in most large organizations to use a Group Policy to disable ALL* external data ports. in this case, even rolling back the GPO won't undo the change. Either an individual user would have to make a registry modification, or a new GPO published which makes that regedit at the enterprise level
* - except possibly sales/marketing
2. it is normal practice within many large organizations to use Zero Trust endpoint agents like Bit9 and CyberArk to do what can be done with that Group Policy. Not to mention that both Bit9 and CyberArk will ***only*** allow execution of those programs which have been expressly permitted to execute. Both of those tools are a Default Deny on ***everything***. As a frame of reference, I am the Bit9 owner where I work, and also do lots of work in CyberArk.
3. all large organizations use SIEM tools (we use splunk). SIEM tools are good aggregators from all activity for all security tools, for event logging, and a number of other things.
4. there may be some that don't and I am not aware of them, but EDR sensors are deployed which will track Every. Single. Thing.: file executions, file modifications, network connections, registry modifications, memory abuse, and quite a number more. Some EDR (endpoint detection and response) tools, like the one we use, actually give me reverse shell to every single PC and server in the entire enterprise. If a user has mounted a personal OneDrive or Google Drive to Windows Explorer, I can see all of the contents of his Google or OneDrive.

With the tool set we use where I work, there is literally nothing I cannot see and audit anywhere in our enterprise, with the exception of database content (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, et al).

It is quite a stretch for me to believe none of those sorts of tools were in place anywhere because of incompetence.
The issue I am dealing with is why are our voting systems so complicated. Why do they even have USB ports? They have a fairly basic function that doesn't require super computing technology. I also was under the assumption that these machines were offline.

I am familiar with Splunk and CyberArk and there are other tools that you can see EVERYTHING, all the way to DB level (though super cumbersome). There is also an assumption that all audit logs are being feed into Splunk (or other SIEM) and that they have the right engineers to enrich and correlate that data. I then think about the amount of data and how much that costs to store and process and get concern that states went cheap.

But I keep going back to why? In my first computer science class, in the first week freshman year, we programmed a robot to get through a maze. My second week we programmed a Tetris game to put the pieces in the right place. Literally, thought I was hot shit that my algo went for 20 to 30 minutes before losing...I was like the dummy in the class with guys going for over 2 days.

The reason I tell this story, is how hard is it to write a program that counts dots on a paper? Like it blows my mind. You literally need 3 functions vote, print, and count total. WTF are we doing!!!

Please point out where I am wrong, but is this getting a little insane? I know the President wants to continue this fight, but I am very much afraid he will soon start to look foolish. Particular so if the "Kraken" turns out to be a small disavowed squid.

Apparently Dominion has also decided that waiting to respond in court was merely fueling speculation.

It is also my understanding that the judge that ruled so decisively against the filing in Pennsylvania is a member of the Federalist Society. Hardly an Obama legacy.

Whatever Trump does, conservatives, populists and republicans better get focused on those two Georgia senate races.

If we allow them to get away with the fraudulent 2020 election, where machines had a 26% swing, proven, on at least one dominion machine in Georgia, we will never win another election.

This is war. If Trump backs down, we lose automatically. HOLD THE LINE.

If we surrender now, we have ZERO chance on that runoff.

We can’t care what the media will say, we can’t care what our friends might say. We secure our elections here and now, or we are Venezuela.

I am on board with your thinking - particularly Nikki Haley. I have also been really impressed with Josh Hawley. He obviously is very new, but seems to be smart as a whip and with the toughness to go with it.

Nikki Haley is a RINO.

Nikki Haley is a RINO.
You are certainly free to believe what you wish. I have enormous respect for her. Best I can tell, so does Trump.

If we allow them to get away with the fraudulent 2020 election, where machines had a 26% swing, proven, on at least one dominion machine in Georgia, we will never win another election.

This is war. If Trump backs down, we lose automatically. HOLD THE LINE.

If we surrender now, we have ZERO chance on that runoff.

We can’t care what the media will say, we can’t care what our friends might say. We secure our elections here and now, or we are Venezuela.
The problem is nothing significant has been proven by anyone yet. No matter how many anomalies we think we can point to, Trump's legal team, has to date, been unable to prove anything of sufficient seriousness to overturn a certification. That may be because the courts are all crooked (though Trump appointed the presiding appellate judge in PA), or it may be because Trump's legal team is incompetent (where I am leaning), or it may be that whole Dominion conspiracy is bat shit craziness (I am not certain, but leaning that way as well).

Two things we better do ASAP regardless of Trump's success or failure in court is to win those two GA senate seats and come up with a federal judicial strategy that puts a stake through the heart of mail-in ballots (which is where I am convinced the election was lost or "stolen"). Otherwise, we really are in generational troble.

Millionaire who is allowed to work by the governor and mayor as a necessary employee on Saturday Night Live, makes fun of bar/restaurant owner and his working class customers who can not work or go to the bar.

Must be logical thinking in New York City.

New York Post

@nypost

Pete Davidson rips Staten Island's anti-COVID-19 lockdown 'babies' on 'SNL' https://trib.al/a2P9DuO

8:51 AM · Dec 6, 2020

Attachments

• 1607302984981.png
    1607302984981.png
    442.1 KB · Views: 173
1607315611593.png

The issue I am dealing with is why are our voting systems so complicated. Why do they even have USB ports? They have a fairly basic function that doesn't require super computing technology. I also was under the assumption that these machines were offline.

I am familiar with Splunk and CyberArk and there are other tools that you can see EVERYTHING, all the way to DB level (though super cumbersome). There is also an assumption that all audit logs are being feed into Splunk (or other SIEM) and that they have the right engineers to enrich and correlate that data. I then think about the amount of data and how much that costs to store and process and get concern that states went cheap.

But I keep going back to why? In my first computer science class, in the first week freshman year, we programmed a robot to get through a maze. My second week we programmed a Tetris game to put the pieces in the right place. Literally, thought I was hot shit that my algo went for 20 to 30 minutes before losing...I was like the dummy in the class with guys going for over 2 days.

The reason I tell this story, is how hard is it to write a program that counts dots on a paper? Like it blows my mind. You literally need 3 functions vote, print, and count total. WTF are we doing!!!

Yep, so many questions, and no answers.

WRT @Red Leg 's point, it is demonstrably true, as per what I have said and this, that this system was set up for cheating. There are absolutely no legitimate reasons for these systems to be configured the way they are, or more accurately, not configured [apparently] at all.

There is a constitutional remedy for this, it just remains to be seen if the state legislatures (GA, NV, AZ, PA, WI, MI) will step up to the plate. I'm not holding my breath.

You must be a few years younger than I am. When I was an undergrad in Comp Sci, we were on an IBM mainframe. I learned to code in ForTran77, COBOL, PL/1, Pascal, and Assembler (C had only just been released). A few of the richer kids had PCs, but they still had to dial in (on 2400 baud modems) to be able to submit work.

Totally agree.

WRT @Red Leg 's point, it is demonstrably true, as per what I have said and this, that this system was set up for cheating. There are absolutely no legitimate reasons for these systems to be configured the way they are, or more accurately, not configured [apparently] at all.

There is a constitutional remedy for this, it just remains to be seen if the state legislatures (GA, NV, AZ, PA, WI, MI) will step up to the plate. I'm not holding my breath.

You must be a few years younger than I am. When I was an undergrad in Comp Sci, we were on an IBM mainframe. I learned to code in ForTran77, COBOL, PL/1, Pascal, and Assembler (C had only just been released). A few of the richer kids had PCs, but they still had to dial in (on 2400 baud modems) to be able to submit work.
I remember those days. I had purchased an Apple Macintosh plus, and had a modem. Trying to tap into the schools mainframe to do Fortran class assignments, and praying for a connection.

Nowadays, a person can do that from a smartphone.

How far we've come.

And a 60mb hard drive was the Holy Grail of storage.

I remember those days. I had purchased an Apple Macintosh plus, and had a modem. Trying to tap into the schools mainframe to do Fortran class assignments, and praying for a connection.

Nowadays, a person can do that from a smartphone.

How far we've come.
Dial in connection, you had it great. I had to sit in front of an IBM punch card machine, and type out punch cards. One missed punch and your program did not work. And of course the bad evening, then the card stack feeder ate my cards, and had to start all over punching new cards till midnight.

Dial in connection, you had it great. I had to sit in front of an IBM punch card machine, and type out punch cards. One missed punch and your program did not work. And of course the bad evening, then the card stack feeder ate my cards, and had to start all over punching new cards till midnight.

.......and not enough key punch machines for everyone that needed them.

The end of the semester was a mess with all the procrastinators trying to get assignments done

They had a card punch computer in the computer class when I was in High School. Never took that particular class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois