Politics

I read Orwell's 1984 in highschool. As I recall, I wasn't fond of it and thought it fairly dumb. Yes, things like that happened sixty years previous in Russia. Yes, they happened fifty years previous in Germany. Yes, they happened thirty years previous in China. There was absolutely no way they could happen in America. Yet here we are.

As I age, I am realizing I never gave Orwell enough credit.

1603134813494.png

I read that book when I was 12 or 13 back in the 60's and had a very hard time getting past the first part of it. However it soon got interesting.

In 1984 it was all very manual, the thought police had to be thick on the ground to have the reach. What is terrifying about what has just happened in the USA is the speed at which it happened and the ease With which it was achieved. One order and information is switched off - poof, gone. The dependence upon the internet creates a vulnerability that has never existed before, where a handful of people can literally shut down a civilization. That is no exaggeration. If Trump does nothing else, he has to break that up. He is probably the only person left with the will and the power to do it.

It’s going to be much more difficult to pull this one off this year.

1603141972864.jpeg

I read Orwell's 1984 in highschool. As I recall, I wasn't fond of it and thought it fairly dumb. Yes, things like that happened sixty years previous in Russia. Yes, they happened fifty years previous in Germany. Yes, they happened thirty years previous in China. There was absolutely no way they could happen in America. Yet here we are.

As I age, I am realizing I never gave Orwell enough credit.

View attachment 372389

He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.

George Orwell, 1984

I am currently reading HR McMaster's new book, "Battlegrounds" and he has this quote at the start of Chapter 3, which is on China's obsession with control.

If you are tired of the political ads on T.V. you should try reading "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand....

Trump was here in Tucson today for a rally. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it.

Trump was here in Tucson today for a rally. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it.
WHAT? YOU? Sorry man that must've been tough. I wouldn't be able to keep my wife away from any rally within 100 miles

WHAT? YOU? Sorry man that must've been tough. I wouldn't be able to keep my wife away from any rally within 100 miles
Yeah, my pesky job gets in the way of things.
I do have November 4th off.
Trump wins= party time

Trump loses = I'll be a sulking salty bastard for days.

Roberts just made this actually possible in Pennsylvania.

Saw that. Can't wait to get ACB seated.

(ORDER LIST: 592 U.S.) MONDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2020 ORDER IN PENDING CASE 20A54 REPUBLICAN PARTY OF PA V. BOOCKVAR, SEC. OF PA, ET AL. The application for stay presented to Justice Alito and by him referred to the Court is denied. Justice Thomas, Justice Alito, Justice Gorsuch, and Justice Kavanaugh would grant the application.

Roberts just made this actually possible in Pennsylvania.

Anytime Roberts makes a ruling like that I am reminded of Lin Wood's tweet.

Lin Wood
@LLinWood

If attorneys lack courage to speak truth about corrupt judges, how can we expect others to do so? There is corruption in federal judiciary. For example, judges should not be flying on Jeffrey Epstein’s private jet. Who is the “John Roberts” on Epstein flight logs?

Anytime Roberts makes a ruling like that I am reminded of Lin Wood's tweet.

Lin Wood
@LLinWood

If attorneys lack courage to speak truth about corrupt judges, how can we expect others to do so? There is corruption in federal judiciary. For example, judges should not be flying on Jeffrey Epstein’s private jet. Who is the “John Roberts” on Epstein flight logs?
My thought exactly.

I am hopeful that the Helmut Norpoth model proves itself to be accurate (has correctly predicted the outcome of 24 of the last 26 presidential elections.. to include the 2016 results)...

Here's what Norpoths model predicts for 2020...

1603159383946.png

Come on man that has New York going for Trump. I think Trump will win but it will be much closer.

I didnt say I agreed with it :)

I simply said I am hopeful...

I am hopeful that the Helmut Norpoth model proves itself to be accurate (has correctly predicted the outcome of 24 of the last 26 presidential elections.. to include the 2016 results)...

View attachment 372415

Trump winning NY, MN and NM.....hmmm

View attachment 372415

Wow........and most think I am optimistic.

I remember him from a few months ago. He has a great record just from working with numbers out of the primaries. Hope he is right too.

Trump winning NY, MN and NM.....hmmm

MN is close. I think it will go for Trump.

NM is close. Should probably go for Biden.

NY ? I haven't studied it at all. It should stay big blue. There is a lot of discontent in the state. Especially in NYC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg