Politics

overhere we used to joke that if a guy needed to lose weight, one could ask "Are you pregnant?" or "at what date are you set to?".....
Standard reply from a guy with a large beer belly was "It's a baby elephant. Want to see it's trunk"?

Credit Suisse no longer exists. Sold to UBS for $.86/share. UBS paid too much. Government involved in guarantees.

Swiss government pumped $54B into Credit Suisse Thursday to no avail.

$1,000 invested at the high is worth $6 today.

PNB Paribas and Deutsche Bank should be watched close.

I guess Idaho thinks ammo availability isn't an issue anymore

I thought Idahore already executed someone recently by firing squad? Or was that Utahore? Anyway, use the cheapest bullet available for the killing of the slime of the earth. Save the taxpayers money.

I thought Idahore already executed someone recently by firing squad? Or was that Utahore? Anyway, use the cheapest bullet available for the killing of the slime of the earth. Save the taxpayers money.
Yeah, I've read there's only one live round in a firing squad. The rest are blanks so no one really knows who killed who. Makes no difference, the bastard's dead.

Yeah, I've read there's only one live round in a firing squad. The rest are blanks so no one really knows who killed who. Makes no difference, the bastard's dead.
Other way around. All live rounds but one.

I am pretty sure I would know, what I fired, blank or live round.

Interestingly, I heard the same story of one blank round in a firing squad, in the times when there was capital penalty in former Yugoslavia, as well.
Like some customary procedures on two different continents?

I went to search on internet, and it seams wikipedia agrees with me.

In practice however, firing a live round produces significant recoil, while firing a blank does not.[6] This is especially significant with bolt-action rifles. As a result, it is not realistic to assume that, after the fact, trained soldiers will be unaware of which they shot. This is reflected in first-hand reports such as Pte. W. A. Quinton’s, who served in the British Army during the First World War and served on a firing squad in October 1915. Per his account, he and 11 colleagues were relieved of any live ammunition and their own rifles, then issued replacement firearms for the task at hand. After a short speech by an officer, the squad fired a volley at the condemned man. Quinton stated that "I had the satisfaction of knowing that as soon as I fired, the absence of any recoil [indicated] that I had merely fired a blank cartridge".

In more recent times, such as the 2010 execution of Ronnie Lee Gardner in Utah, US, one rifleman may be given a "dummy" cartridge containing a wax bullet, which provides a more realistic recoil.
[7]

Moreover, recently a friend of my died. I attended the funeral

He was entitled for a military funeral, with military honors.
Soldiers were firing modern full-auto rifles, in the air.
Blank rounds, of course.
After each shot, they had to cycle the bolt manually. Semi automatic function with blank round did not function.

In old times when army was issued ak47 type rifle or SKS, for training each rifle was issued with a device to increase recoil (i am not sure what is English term for this), so during maneuvers or tactical training with blank rounds automatic fire arm could function in auto mode.

Below is photo from internet for such device on SKS rifle, for example. Putting that on a rifle, or not putting it with blank round on automatic rifle of single member of firing squad would be at least naïve, in my view.
SKS recoil device.jpg

Last edited:
Anyway, use the cheapest bullet available for the killing of the slime of the earth. Save the taxpayers money.

I prefer a rope…

Cheaper than a box of ammo… reusable hundreds of times over… and for $8.50 you can put it in a flat rate box and ship it to its next desired location… several states can donate $1.00 to the rope fund and share in execution costs for nothing more than additional postage for the next several years…

I prefer a rope…

Cheaper than a box of ammo… reusable hundreds of times over… and for $8.50 you can put it in a flat rate box and ship it to its next desired location… several states can donate $1.00 to the rope fund and share in execution costs for nothing more than additional postage for the next several years…
Good to know about the blanks. I stand corrected. Don't always believe what you read.

I prefer a rope…

With ropes you have problems. A few years back we had an execution scheduled to be by hanging. during the time on deathrow the convict managed to eat until he weighed over 400 pounds- then he filed an appeal that if he was hanged it would result in separating his head from the rest of his body- he would get to the end of the rope and his body would have so much momentum that it would keep on going, jerking his head from his body. The court decided that it would be cruel & unusual so the execution was stayed. I don't recall ever hearing/reading about whatever happened to him. But if it had been by firing squad they could have upped the cartridges, trading in their 5.56 or 7.62 for something that could be appreciated on this site- possibly a 458 Win Mag or 470 NE.

With ropes you have problems. A few years back we had an execution scheduled to be by hanging. during the time on deathrow the convict managed to eat until he weighed over 400 pounds- then he filed an appeal that if he was hanged it would result in separating his head from the rest of his body- he would get to the end of the rope and his body would have so much momentum that it would keep on going, jerking his head from his body. The court decided that it would be cruel & unusual so the execution was stayed. I don't recall ever hearing/reading about whatever happened to him. But if it had been by firing squad they could have upped the cartridges, trading in their 5.56 or 7.62 for something that could be appreciated on this site- possibly a 458 Win Mag or 470 NE.
This is in the US? I had no idea that hanging was still an acceptable mode of execution.

Credit Suisse no longer exists. Sold to UBS for $.86/share. UBS paid too much. Government involved in guarantees.

Swiss government pumped $54B into Credit Suisse Thursday to no avail.

$1,000 invested at the high is worth $6 today.

PNB Paribas and Deutsche Bank should be watched close.

Wheels,good morning.
Before I invest in bank shares, I prefer to buy cryptocurrencies, knowing from the outset that the money could soon be gone.
I also don't think much of UBS.
At the time of the financial crisis, the two banks had more debt than the entire gross national product of Switzerland.
Bad banks were set up and the bad stuff was booked over.
Great, isn't it?
Swiss bankers are the most conceited people in the economic sector.
They have never done anything but collect the black money of the dictators of this world.

I am pretty sure I would know, what I fired, blank or live round.

Interestingly, I heard the same story of one blank round in a firing squad, in the times when there was capital penalty in former Yugoslavia, as well.
Like some customary procedures on two different continents?

I went to search on internet, and it seams wikipedia agrees with me.

In practice however, firing a live round produces significant recoil, while firing a blank does not.[6] This is especially significant with bolt-action rifles. As a result, it is not realistic to assume that, after the fact, trained soldiers will be unaware of which they shot. This is reflected in first-hand reports such as Pte. W. A. Quinton’s, who served in the British Army during the First World War and served on a firing squad in October 1915. Per his account, he and 11 colleagues were relieved of any live ammunition and their own rifles, then issued replacement firearms for the task at hand. After a short speech by an officer, the squad fired a volley at the condemned man. Quinton stated that "I had the satisfaction of knowing that as soon as I fired, the absence of any recoil [indicated] that I had merely fired a blank cartridge".

In more recent times, such as the 2010 execution of Ronnie Lee Gardner in Utah, US, one rifleman may be given a "dummy" cartridge containing a wax bullet, which provides a more realistic recoil.
[7]

Moreover, recently a friend of my died. I attended the funeral

He was entitled for a military funeral, with military honors.
Soldiers were firing modern full-auto rifles, in the air.
Blank rounds, of course.
After each shot, they had to cycle the bolt manually. Semi automatic function with blank round did not function.

In old times when army was issued ak47 type rifle or SKS, for training each rifle was issued with a device to increase recoil (i am not sure what is English term for this), so during maneuvers or tactical training with blank rounds automatic fire arm could function in auto mode.

Below is photo from internet for such device on SKS rifle, for example. Putting that on a rifle, or not putting it with blank round on automatic rifle of single member of firing squad would be at least naïve, in my view.View attachment 524081
I've served that detail on several occasions. Yes, you have to cycle the bolt manually on a gas operated rifle.

Here's how it works. I am speaking specifically of the M-16 service rifle, others are similar. If you look along the top of the rifle, under the hand guard, you will see a small aluminum tube. This goes from the front sight assembly back to the bolt carrier group. The expanding gas from firing follows the bullet but a small portion, at about the front sight, bleeds into this tube, providing the pressure to move the bolt. Without a bullet, there is no pressure. In training, a Blank Firing Attachment (BFA) is placed over the muzzle of the rifle. This ensures the gas cycles the bolt. In the movies, they spike the barrel, and add the muzzle blast in later. I guess in theory you could do this with a firing squad, but why? Waste of a perfectly good rifle.

Wait till the tree huggers find out, and they'll demand the use of lead-free bullets. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Im not seeing a head popping off as a problem... just let the next guy on death row clean up the mess and wash off the rope before it gets applied to his neck..

Im reasonably sure that it would only take a handful of head poppers before the number of criminals willing to commit capital crimes would diminish a bit..

Opinions like these are why Im never selected for jury duty...

Well... opinions.. and the fact that I am a middle aged, white, male, professional, conservative, that spent more than a decade as a cop in his younger life lol...

Im not seeing a head popping off as a problem... just let the next guy on death row clean up the mess and wash off the rope before it gets applied to his neck..

Im reasonably sure that it would only take a handful of head poppers before the number of criminals willing to commit capital crimes would diminish a bit..

Opinions like these are why Im never selected for jury duty...

Well... opinions.. and the fact that I am a middle aged, white, male, professional, conservative, that spent more than a decade as a cop in his younger life lol...

Let's start by hanging those teenage punks who have committed those mass shootings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smithcaterine92

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg