Politics

Just the little bit I am hearing/reading, it sounds like McCarthy had to agree to introduce term limits, not to allow an omnibus spending bill to hit the House floor and agree to the "Texas Plan" regarding the border. Evidently he was not willing to do those three things to get to 218.

Off hand, those all sound like they should be planks in the Republican Platform.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Michael Tracey
@mtracey

Congratulations to the only remaining consensus choice for Speaker of the House, Volodymyr Zelenskyy
1:51 PM · Jan 3, 2023

FB_IMG_1672779663495.jpg

Do the congressmen who don’t support McCarthy have to pony up an alternative? I think being against the front runner makes it incumbent on them to name an alternative

They have voted for Biggs and Jordan.

Gaetz nominated Jordan.

Not sure what else has happened.

Just the little bit I am hearing/reading, it sounds like McCarthy had to agree to introduce term limits, not to allow an omnibus spending bill to hit the House floor and agree to the "Texas Plan" regarding the border. Evidently he was not willing to do those three things to get to 218.

Off hand, those all sound like they should be planks in the Republican Platform.
Dead on! They should be planks of any conservative party. Quite telling. Fox/WSJ won't cover it that way. I can see the headlines now: Stupid trump people F-ing up conservative chances in the house.

Conservatives have no chance with establishment type republicans controlling anything.

Doubtful. NATO failed to defeat the Taliban even during the surge. Which saw the heaviest fighting and the highest death toll. And the Taliban managed to topple the American installed government within weeks of NATO's withdrawal. Another thing that I think the western media/officials fail to grasp is that it seems the Taliban are actually pretty popular with the Afghans.

For instance look at the attitudes that Afghan women have towards husbands beating their wives:

So 94% of uneducated Afghan women think that it is ok for a husband to beat his wife in some circumstances. However what is perhaps even more surprising is that 79% of EDUCATED afghan women think that it is acceptable for a husband to beat his wife. If you look at the other countries listed (Bangladesh, Nepal etc..) you will see that far fewer educated women think that this is acceptable.

I recall reading about an anthropologist who visited Afghanistan in the 1950s or 60s. This was at a time when Afghanistan was less conservative (or perhaps less fanatical/fundamentalist) than it is today. He recorded numerous instances of women complaining because their husband DID NOT beat them. As apparently this shows a man is not "masculine" enough. Completely different culture. What is "barbaric" to Westerners is "acceptable" or even "desirable" to them.
Afghanistan has a 7% literacy rate. Many there believe the earth is flat, the moon is as small as it looks from earth and that drones were flown by tiny people. This is what my buddy who ran special ops there under General Kelly told me. He actually had Afghan officers ask him where we get the little people who fly in the drones! No education in that and many other countries but yet we try to bring democracy there. Ridiculous.

They don't drink but they take legal speed for ADHD and smoke weed 24/7.

41 million prescriptions for Adderrall last year in the United States of American. That's nearly 15% of the US population. That's just one ADHD drug! There are others. All these doped up, long hair, man bun, maggot infested losers are the new normal, not the exception.

Let's worry mostly about Ukraine and how we can send our wealth abroad instead of focusing on our own children and the lost generations to come.
And Creedmoor sales are up 10%. JUST KIDDING!

Looks like the House is adjourning till tomorrow with no Speaker named.

With so many members, there is a decent chance we will find out how the sausage was made if they come to a decision in the morning.

1672785358850.png

Put this on the alcoholic thread as well....but these woke muppets that don't drink are what the future is..... :X3: :(

BBC News - Why Gen Zers are growing up sober curious
I’m pretty sure if you tally the percentage of social/health issues attributed to alcohol, you could build a much better business case for banning booze as opposed to guns. But people like to drink, including myself, so it’ll never happen.

As for weed, yes it presents its own issues, but I’ve never seen someone smoke a joint and then beat his wife.

I see zero downside to a voulentarily sober population, besides it being a tad dull!

Interesting how information relating to Epstein gets shut down.

Joe Biden spends New Years in the US Virgin Islands. A USVI prosecutor, investigating corruption gets fired by the head of state.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else.:unsure:

Dead on! They should be planks of any conservative party. Quite telling. Fox/WSJ won't cover it that way. I can see the headlines now: Stupid trump people F-ing up conservative chances in the house.

Conservatives have no chance with establishment type republicans controlling anything.
Trump is supporting McCarthy - even Marjorie Taylor Green. So it's actually the stupid Gaetz people trying to cement their own little insurrection within the party. Goes hand in glove with his position on Ukraine and anything else he can think of that might turn the populist base (at the expense of Trump).

From the commentary that I heard it seems in order to get some of the conservative votes the speaker needs to make concessions to support things like term limits, fiscal responsibility and border security. Seems like things a real Republican would support. Seems there aren't many of them around.

There are no altruistic or unselfish actions taken on the Hill. This is not about Gaetz or his posse trying to do the "right" thing or uphold some sort of broad conservative ideals (to which everyone to include Romney generally support - ok likely not term limits - but no congressman really supports that). This all about creating a power block that can potentially control Republican majority actions in the House - with Gaetz as its leader. A block that he also can potentially leverage at the national electoral level.

Put this on the alcoholic thread as well....but these woke muppets that don't drink are what the future is..... :X3: :(

I know that the younger generation drinking less is a good and positive thing, maybe it’s financial after paying for heavily inked and pierced skin there can’t be a lot of money left. $7.00 lattes don’t grow on trees and an Iphone 13 is more then I paid for my first three cars combined. Now let’s consider the history of whiskey (water of life). Irish monks and shortly there after the entire country of Scotland were turning barley into an a magical elixir long before Christopher Columbus planted his flag in the new world. Such people spread this culture locally to surrounding countries and before you know it all kinds of inventions are being made, incredible discoveries are taking place and the peoples of these nations are traveling the world and being serious ass kicking machines. In America a great experiment was tried (not democracy, that was ok) it was called prohibition. The purposeful closing of breweries and distilleries led to the rise of organized crime, the stock market collapse, the Great Depression and a product called “Near Beer” yuck!! So this prohibition stuff was just no good, it went away and America rebounded. As a teenager my first taste of whiskey burned and tasted horrible. I knew from watching my father and other male relatives that men drank whiskey, so rather then trust my senses I persevered, I trudged onward, it became possible to take a shot without making a face and I’m not sure exactly when the transformation took place but in fact an appreciation for this wondrous drink. Let’s us take to heart that those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it. A world without whiskey is a dark and foreboding place. Well that’s it.

I know that the younger generation drinking less is a good and positive thing, maybe it’s financial after paying for heavily inked and pierced skin there can’t be a lot of money left. $7.00 lattes don’t grow on trees and an Iphone 13 is more then I paid for my first three cars combined. Now let’s consider the history of whiskey (water of life). Irish monks and shortly there after the entire country of Scotland were turning barley into an a magical elixir long before Christopher Columbus planted his flag in the new world. Such people spread this culture locally to surrounding countries and before you know it all kinds of inventions are being made, incredible discoveries are taking place and the peoples of these nations are traveling the world and being serious ass kicking machines. In America a great experiment was tried (not democracy, that was ok) it was called prohibition. The purposeful closing of breweries and distilleries led to the rise of organized crime, the stock market collapse, the Great Depression and a product called “Near Beer” yuck!! So this prohibition stuff was just no good, it went away and America rebounded. As a teenager my first taste of whiskey burned and tasted horrible. I knew from watching my father and other male relatives that men drank whiskey, so rather then trust my senses I persevered, I trudged onward, it became possible to take a shot without making a face and I’m not sure exactly when the transformation took place but in fact an appreciation for this wondrous drink. Let’s us take to heart that those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it. A world without whiskey is a dark and foreboding place. Well that’s it.
Well, long before whisky there was beer. The ancient Egyptians brewed it. In Europe and many other places around the world during the Medieval times, the water was so contaminated by humans it was unsafe to drink. So, they brewed beer which killed the viruses and bacteria in the water. Later, distilled spirits emerged as they got tired of drinking beer. LOL

. . .As for weed, yes it presents its own issues, but I’ve never seen someone smoke a joint and then beat his wife. . .

You must be living sheltered life. Happens all the time. This “new” weed is different. It’s no longer the munchies and relaxed.

McCarthy, will lead another "do nothing" Republican congress.
I'm tired of the " rank & file" swamp rats being in charge.
More dog & pony show investigations, with nothing ever coming out of it but political theater.

Nauseating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,