Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Two interesting reads. The first one is a letter to Joe Biden from Mike Wirth, CEO of Chevron. I retired a little over a year ago from Chevron, after a 39 year career.

The second article is a list proposed by the American Petroleum Institute (API) to restore U.S. energy leadership and help fulfill our great nation’s core promise.

And Biden had staff meet with oil and gas production CEO's but is meeting personally today with wind and solar corporate leads.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
And Biden had staff meet with oil and gas production CEO's but is meeting personally today with wind and solar corporate leads.

Which, if you pull all the stops will never account for 15% of global energy. Then again I’m using old math, perhaps with new math they can solve all our problems.

jpr9954

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.onlygunsandmoney.com
Articles
Member of
NRA, SAF, SCI, DSC
1656019993612.png

Nomadx2

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
WI & IL USA, Alberta Canada
Which, if you pull all the stops will never account for 15% of global energy. Then again I’m using old math, perhaps with new math they can solve all our problems.

You are correct. One of the markets my company sells industrial equipment into is the renewable energy market. We have been intimately involved in helping to develop grain and cellulosic ethanol production process'. After 30 years of significant research and massive amounts of private & public funding, the US cellulosic energy market produced ~2.1 million gallons total all last year. In contrast the US consumes ~840 million gallons/day of oil.

Oh, and by the way, a gallon of cellulosic fuel at the pump will cost you about $10-$12/gallon.

I won't even get into the foolishness of solar or wind when half the US population lives in high density cities.

To think we are going to replace carbon fuels with grass, corn stalks, wind is a fairies tale. We are all waiting for that new math....

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
1656021985655.png

K-man

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Cameroon, Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
288808687_5091174210930920_2703986400391419784_n.jpg

Remember when??? Joe can't remember lunch, but he (and all the senate) needs reminded of this one.

Areaonereal

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
How far can you trust the administration when the President has said on numerous occasions that he was going to shut down the fossil fuel industry. And hi is accomplishing it from Day one, hour one on the day he was inaugurated

jeanes

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
TSRA Life Member, NRA
Hunted
Texas, Colorado, South Dakota
the President has said on numerous occasions that he was going to shut down the fossil fuel industry. And hi is accomplishing it from Day one, hour one on the day he was inaugurated
One thing you can say for Biden, he is keeping his campaign promises.

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
An issue of concern for me is the lag time between enactment of a corrective policy and significant results. The Bidet administration has caused directly and indirectly substantial disruption to the world's food supply and distribution. If these actions- eg elimination of Ukraine's graine crop, depletion of supplies of fertilizer resulting in decreased production worldwide, and decreased deliveries due to reduced shipping. At some point there will be a lot of people, initially in the poor African countries that will have less food than their daily requirement, which over time will lead to starvation. At that point I expect that changes will be made in the government followed by changes by the new leaders, but back to my original concern: with people starving, how long will it take for those problems to be remedied? I fear that a lot (millions) of people will die before the changes would allow for a resumption of a food supply matching the needs of the population.

Big5

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Life member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Russia
sell out.jpg

sgt_zim

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Texas, Louisiana

Big5

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Life member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Russia
Reagan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Whatever liberal heads didn't explode over New York State Rifle & Pistol Association ruling ...........

Tundra Tiger

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, USA (Alaska, Kansas, Maryland)
I told my daughter on the ride to work today that there are people my age (55) who are as liberal as I am conservative who in the years to come will look back on the past two days and describe them as the darkest days of their lives. I can't tell you how much joy that brings me.

Sabattiboy

AH fanatic
Reaction score
You are correct. One of the markets my company sells industrial equipment into is the renewable energy market. We have been intimately involved in helping to develop grain and cellulosic ethanol production process'. After 30 years of significant research and massive amounts of private & public funding, the US cellulosic energy market produced ~2.1 million gallons total all last year. In contrast the US consumes ~840 million gallons/day of oil.

Oh, and by the way, a gallon of cellulosic fuel at the pump will cost you about $10-$12/gallon.

I won't even get into the foolishness of solar or wind when half the US population lives in high density cities.

To think we are going to replace carbon fuels with grass, corn stalks, wind is a fairies tale. We are all waiting for that new math....
I see quite a few houses in Phoenix with solar panels on the roof. I also see most with a layer of dirt/dust on them. Some have a substantial coating of pigeon poop. All this makes me wonder what the efficiency level has fallen to. Installed and forgotten?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OHhuntr

Latest profile posts

TheSayHeyKid wrote on shark_za's profile.
I have a pile of never fired .35 Rem brass if you are interested. What quantity are you looking for?

Billy
GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS wrote on Robharris's profile.
Hi Rob

Trust you are well,
It would be great if I could quote on a safari for you guys.

Please let me know if you are intereted to hunt with Game 4 Africa Safaris. We have many reviews and hunting reports on this forum if you would like to check us out.

Please let me know if you have any questions for me. We are based in the Eastern Cape of South Africa.

Kind Regards
Wik Coetzee
Game 4 Africa Safaris
hunt 65 wrote on cal pappas's profile.
Hey Cal. Would you consider $950 for the Win. Thanks.
Safari Dave wrote on Dhunt713's profile.
For me, last August, the people in the JNB wanted to see a paper document.
What covid passport app is best to use? U.s.a to Johannesburg?