Politics

Harris as president would be free to name whomever she wants to be vice-pres. The only limitation would be that the person would need to meet the Constitutional requirements- 35 yo, born a US citizen, etc.
That’s what terrifies me. When a person is chosen not for what they can contribute but rather because of their gender and/race, what could possibly qualify that person to choose the next POTUS should they in turn be incapacitated. Lord help us all if that happens.

This is like one of those sick nightmares where your stuck in a never ending maze.

3rd in succession only becomes relevant if the VP refuses the Presidency or disappears before being sworn in and/or appointing a new VP. Probably an academic consideration, but then who would have believed the current situation.

Hopefully none of this ever happens and the electoral processes restore some sort of rational normality in 22 & 24.

So the new President cant just appoint a new VP. The 25th amendment section 2 states, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Where it gets complicated is Harris is now president and there is no tie breaker, it would take 51 Senators.

And if you thought Supreme Court confirmations are ugly....

Hopefully one of our members could enlighten me on the following: in the US system, where it says 'a majority vote of both Houses', does it mean:
i. a majority vote in each of 2 the houses separately, or does it mean
ii. a majority vote in a joint sitting or similar process?

Hopefully one of our members could enlighten me on the following: in the US system, where it says 'a majority vote of both Houses', does it mean:
i. a majority vote in each of 2 the houses separately, or does it mean
ii. a majority vote in a joint sitting or similar process?
Majority in the House and Senate separately. They dont sit jointly on anything. Both houses have to agree to move things to the president for signature, but how they get there is up to them and they often do not get there.

With regard to the newest revelations from the upcoming Woodward book, I would not waste too much time and energy thinking about it. It seems every month now he drops an even more salacious tale to hawk his latest book. What are we up to now, 4 in the last three years?

With regard to the newest revelations from the upcoming Woodward book, I would not waste too much time and energy thinking about it. It seems every month now he drops an even more salacious tale to hawk his latest book. What are we up to now, 4 in the last three years?
So predictable… wait for it… “nothing to see here” combined with msm coverage of smoke and diversion and upside down conclusions to what is obvious on the face. It’s already started. Orange Man treacherous, Milley brave hero.

The beginning of China's financial problems may becoming more visible. China may have the ability to delay things longer than most countries, but not indefinitely. Evergrande is just one of many Chinese companies that are way overextended.

If we are in the "bubble of everything" around the world, like the financial pundits have been telling us then this could be the trigger to a few lean years. If the derivatives markets start a slide they may be impossible to stop and the financial world may get incredibly ugly.

America used to have a cleaner balance sheet and be able to absorb problems. Europe too. That is not the case anymore.

Everyone should pay close attention to their personal financials. This has the ability to make 2008 look like a walk in the park. Be careful everyone!

As China Evergrande's debt crisis deepens, unpaid small business owners speak of despair​

PS: Probably good to review your mutual funds to see what kind of exposure you might have to Chinese bonds or equities.

The beginning of China's financial problems may becoming more visible. China may have the ability to delay things longer than most countries, but not indefinitely. Evergrande is just one of many Chinese companies that are way overextended.

If we are in the "bubble of everything" around the world, like the financial pundits have been telling us then this could be the trigger to a few lean years. If the derivatives markets start a slide they may be impossible to stop and the financial world may get incredibly ugly.

America used to have a cleaner balance sheet and be able to absorb problems. Europe too. That is not the case anymore.

Everyone should pay close attention to their personal financials. This has the ability to make 2008 look like a walk in the park. Be careful everyone!

As China Evergrande's debt crisis deepens, unpaid small business owners speak of despair​

Part of my job is informing and giving advice on energy markets. I gave a 1hr online webinar to 200 b2b customers this morning, where I showed the below graph. Indeed, be careful in the coming months…

image001.png

Part of my job is informing and giving advice on energy markets. I gave a 1hr online webinar to 200 b2b customers this morning, where I showed the below graph. Indeed, be careful in the coming months…

View attachment 424846

(y) Good graph.

Dot Com and Mtg crisis have nothing on this one. Covid was a fast rebound like 1987, and didn't really make people hurt.

This time has the makings of something extremely ugly.

Fortunately, any US economic risk is being managed by extraordinary hands at the top.

This is so embarrassing. He obviously can not remember the name of the Australian prime Minister after looking up from his crib sheet. :unsure:

I saw that on the evening shows. Recent regulations by Australia makes one wonder about the people and their infringed upon rights, but the Bidet is showing how far gone he is- can't remember the name of a person when he had been looking at it moments previously. Maybe he'll make it through a year in the office but I wouldn't bet on it.

2008, Biden invites a local politician who is wheel chair bound to STAND UP.

I know Joe Biden. Joe Biden is a friend of mine. Joe Biden ain't no miracle healer!

Fortunately, any US economic risk is being managed by extraordinary hands at the top.
That is one of the scariest things I have ever seen. We all have reason to be terrified, and that includes you Dems, the US vacuum will not be filled by nice people and you can forget your freedom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg