Politics

When using such graphs as proof of something, one must always first ask, what came before or after the chosen dataset. In this case, why did they cut off the analysis at D - 800000 years. 800000 years is still but a blink in earths climate. And it is well documented that CO2 levels in the dinosaur times were far higher than now. Which is precisely why there was such abundant plant growth that allowed for the megafauna.

Call me not convinced on your listed graph. But take a look at the following one:

View attachment 504796

I don't disagree with anything in your post. I'm guessing that the chart I posted, and you questioned, was depicting a period of time immediately prior to and during the time humans inhabited Earth.

Doper basketball player gets free ride home from Russia after being convicted of a crime, lands at an Air Force base at tax payers expense not a veteran of our military, gets free medical evaluation at BAMCs, which is a military hospital that as a veteran I can’t even get seen at, all at tax payer expense….. what a fking way to run a country…..

Doper basketball player gets free ride home from Russia after being convicted of a crime, lands at an Air Force base at tax payers expense not a veteran of our military, gets free medical evaluation at BAMCs, which is a military hospital that as a veteran I can’t even get seen at, all at tax payer expense….. what a fking way to run a country…..
And we somehow couldn't cut a deal to include former US Marine Paul Whelan as well who was detained in Moscow in 2018 on espionage charges. He too is languishing in the Russian gulag a quarter of the way into a 16-year sentence.

And we somehow couldn't cut a deal to include former US Marine Paul Whelan as well who was detained in Moscow in 2018 on espionage charges. He too is languishing in the Russian gulag a quarter of the way into a 16-year sentence.
Don’t even get me started on that idiot at 1600 Pennsylvania ave. Leaving a fellow Marine behind. Everyone knows why that pos was traded instead of the Marine….. shameful freaking bs from biden

If you can get the clip of Andrea Mitchell’s report, the original deal was either Whelan or Griner. Mitchell changed her report to say it was the Griner or nothing.

"This was not a choice of which America to bring home." Really? Oh, but it clearly was a choice. And we know it was a choice because the first accounts of the prisoner swap with Russia said it was a choice. Earlier today, Andrea Mitchell of NBC — this is someone who's been in Washington covering news for more than 50 years, someone who is deeply supportive of the Joe Biden administration — contributed to a story that contained this line: "The Kremlin gave the White House the choice of either Griner or Whelan — or none." So Mitchell's piece attributed this fact to a "senior U.S. official." It was not a guess. It was sourced. And then, as with the early reporting on Paul Pelosi last month, that account was scrubbed and sanitized, and the new version of the NBC story assures us that: "The Kremlin ultimately gave the White House the choice of either Griner or no one."

Personally, I would not have traded either one for the “merchant of death”.

Last edited:
Nitrogen fertilizer didn't affect soybeans much, since they're legumes/nitrogen fixers. But every species of grass - corn, wheat, rice, rye, sorghum, and sugar cane are all members of the grass family - were positively affected

Absolutely correct, soy yields have increased but not as dramatically. Synthetic fertilizer has had a lot to do with yield increases. Roundup ready traits have increased yield, but more importantly, have dramatically increased the acreage a grower can manage. When was the last time you saw a cultivator in use, or a crew hoeing a corn field? The advances in Ag in my lifetime are incredible. I was on a farm in Brazil that was just over a million acres. That was totally impossible 50 years ago.

Absolutely correct, soy yields have increased but not as dramatically. Synthetic fertilizer has had a lot to do with yield increases. Roundup ready traits have increased yield, but more importantly, have dramatically increased the acreage a grower can manage. When was the last time you saw a cultivator in use, or a crew hoeing a corn field? The advances in Ag in my lifetime are incredible. I was on a farm in Brazil that was just over a million acres. That was totally impossible 50 years ago.
Funny but true. One of the genes used to make Roundup ready crops came from Johnson grass. They may have discovered others since, but that was one of the earliest genetic modifications made to develop all of those Roundup ready crops.

Roundup ready cotton is one of the greatest things ever. You probably know, but most people don't, that cotton and okra are in the same taxonomic order. When I was a kid, anything you could spray on okra to kill it would also kill the cotton. Okra is a weed when it springs up in a cotton field, and even within our lifetimes, the only way to get rid of it was with a hoe.

Anymore, a couple applications of glyphosate early on and you end up with fields that have nothing but cash crop growing in them.

FB_IMG_1670613838998.jpg

Interesting development... I wonder how this plays out..? Now if only Manchin would do the same..

Does not matter, she is still going to caucus with the D’s.

Will changing to an independent allow her (Sinema) to avoid a Democrat primary run?

While I was listening to her explain why she left the Democrat Party, I kept thinking, “why did you join in the first place”? Sorry- just didn’t ring true. Also, Shooooma said she can keep her committee appointments. All above my ability to comprehend swampthink. Net effect- IMO, maybe a nothing burger.

Uh huh… Tucker Carlson keeps painting himself into corners and all the sheeple keep watching and following him. Beyond me

Will changing to an independent allow her (Sinema) to avoid a Democrat primary run?
Yes, but it puts her a potential three-way general election.

Sinema’s career as a Democrat was over once she crossed the hard left. The leadership was determined to primary her. So leaving the party was a no brainer. She was for sure going to be out of a job as a Democrat in 2024, but as an Independent she potentially swings the balance in the Senate for 2 years and maybe forces the Democrats to play nice with her. Arizona is a state where an Independent has a shot. We’ll see if this is her gambit and if it pays off. Maybe chasing her into a washroom wasn’t the best idea.

Regarding Senator Sinema:

First my political prognostication skills I would rate at just below my skills in playing craps, a game I’ve never played. So with that said, I think you have to remember her as being one of the few Dem senators to not get onboard with Biden’s spending spree (BBB). This led to her being chastised and followed around by protesters. The protesters even followed her into the toilet one weekend.

Arizona is a bit of a fickle state when it comes to politics, fairly purplish, however I fear becoming more blue as time goes by. But nonetheless I think she is trying to not go too far left. I think she sees that basically another 2 years of the past 2 years is coming even with the House majority flipping to the Republicans.

And in so doing she has lost the support of the Dem party. I would not be surprised if behind the scenes she is being told to expect no support from the party and is depending on the voters of Arizona to kind of rebel back against that and re-elect her.

Will it work? My thought is she will be seen as neither fish nor fowl and it won’t. But it just might if the Republican Party fails to put forth a candidate that is better than Martha McSally who lost to Sinema or Blake Masters who lost this past November to Kelly.

Sinema’s career as a Democrat was over once she crossed the hard left. The leadership was determined to primary her. So leaving the party was a no brainer. She was for sure going to be out of a job as a Democrat in 2024, but as an Independent she potentially swings the balance in the Senate for 2 years and maybe forces the Democrats to play nice with her. Arizona is a state where an Independent has a shot. We’ll see if this is her gambit and if it pays off. Maybe chasing her into a washroom wasn’t the best idea.

You beat me to it.

Apparently Jessie Kelly knows her fairly well from his time in AZ and running for congress. Kelly praises her as one of the best politicians he's ever known, cut from the same bolt of cloth as Bill Clinton and LBJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danpowder

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you