Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. A guy who is on a terrorist watch list, goes on a stabbing spree, but he’s treated like a victim? Un F****** believable! But, why not go on a stabbing spree in the U.K., because everyone is disarmed except for “some” police And EVERY law abiding citizen !

I hope that "cop" was joking but I doubt it.
Satire like Von Gruff said, but there was a stabbing the other day by a Libyan national who was of questionable mental health. News outlets including CNN are referring to it as a "terror attack" and to him as a "terrorist", but the UK gov't seems hesitant to use the words themselves.

It seems like every person (who commits a stabbing / slashing / car ramming / etc etc) who is a member of a certain following is excused by having mental issues.

It seems like every person (who commits a stabbing / slashing / car ramming / etc etc) who is a member of a certain following is excused by having mental issues.
Von Gruff,
You could make a fortune selling knives in the U.K., since the vast majority (everyone) of the law abiding citizenry are disarmed? CEH

Von Gruff,
You could make a fortune selling knives in the U.K., since the vast majority (everyone) of the law abiding citizenry are disarmed? CEH
A large part of the reason I love the membership on the forum is that I know that those who buy my knives, and even the non hunting specific models, will be using them in a responsible manner. There are some of mine in the UK but they are in the hands of forum members so I am very confident in those hands.

Another “What is this world coming to” moment brought to you by the sniveling bleeding hearts of the world.

I hope that "cop" was joking but I doubt it.
@Shootist43
Art and Gary I hope the world doesn't end up like that it's bad enough now.
Growing up if we had a problem with an aggressive magpie the police shot it.
Now you would have to have an environmental impact study to determine the effects of killing said magpie and have grief and trauma counsellors on hand for the parents and children.
Well truck me.
Bob

Von Gruff,

Not that simple there....you are only allowed to carry a very small bladed non locking type pen knife in the uk....knife crime is pretty bad there...usually kitchen type ones are used but as usual it's the hunting ...collector type ones that get all the bad press ...think it's in Scotland if you by accident leave a knife in the boot or trunk for yanks of your car...say it fell out of your fishing bag or hunting bag and you didn't realise...but if stopped by police and they found it you would be liable to charges of carrying an offensive weapon in public...as your vehicle in Scotland I believe if I am correct is considered a public place...and as you were not travelling to or from fishing or hunting you are breaking the law....get your head around that one...believe this can apply to things like baseball bats etc as well...could be wrong..but am sure I read it somewhere

Not that simple there....you are only allowed to carry a very small bladed non locking type pen knife in the uk....knife crime is pretty bad there...usually kitchen type ones are used but as usual it's the hunting ...collector type ones that get all the bad press ...think it's in Scotland if you by accident leave a knife in the boot or trunk for yanks of your car...say it fell out of your fishing bag or hunting bag and you didn't realise...but if stopped by police and they found it you would be liable to charges of carrying an offensive weapon in public...as your vehicle in Scotland I believe if I am correct is considered a public place...and as you were not travelling to or from fishing or hunting you are breaking the law....get your head around that one...believe this can apply to things like baseball bats etc as well...could be wrong..but am sure I read it somewhere
@spike.t
We have the same shit in Australia. We can't carry any sort of knife in public now.
My brother in law was actually changed for having a knife in his car. He didn't know it had fallen out of his tackle bag. Fortunately the judge saw the stupidity of it.
Bob

Very interesting? That’s what I love about this forum. One learns the insight about various hunting, game, firearms, weapons, etc., from hunters from around the world! I’ve only hunted and fished in the U.S. and Canada, so I find and enjoy this information very much from others here.

@spike.t
We have the same shit in Australia. We can't carry any sort of knife in public now.
My brother in law was actually changed for having a knife in his car. He didn't know it had fallen out of his tackle bag. Fortunately the judge saw the stupidity of it.
Bob
Madness, I keep a knife in my car due to Bush travel. I have despatched a number of injured roos on the side of the rd that others have hit. It’s likely others don’t have equipment or the stomach to take care of them and the cops really are not the people for the job. Me I just travel too much.

31CE60E0-FDDD-498A-8A16-FD17861DA5DE.jpeg

Canada has the same troubles. Nothing over 4”, nothing that can fall or flick open, no hunting knives on your hip unless you are hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg