Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
It can happen!

Poachers wipe out rhinos in Mozambique

Poachers, aided by game rangers, have killed every single rhino in the Mozambique section of one of Southern Africa's most vaunted transfrontier parks.

The director of the International Fund for Animal Welfare's wildlife crime and consumer awareness programme, Kelvin Alie,said poachers had killed 15 rhino in Mocambique's Limpopo National Park last month, the last remaining animals from an estimated population of more than 300 when the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park was proclaimed in 2002.

The administrator of the Limpopo National Park told media that 30 rangers will appear in court soon, charged with involvement in the killing of the rhinos.

çš„t is tragic beyond tears that we learn game rangers have now become the enemy in the fight to protect rhino from being poached for their horns.

å…¸hat the entire rhino population of part of such an important conservation initiative can be wiped out and with the help of wildlife enforcement officers - speaks volumes about the deadly intent of the wildlife trade.

They will stop at nothing to get to their quarry, said Alie.

Limpopo National Park is part of the Great Limpopo National Park, which straddles South Africa (Kruger National Park), Mozambique (Limpopo National Park) and Gonarezhou (Zimbabwe) a conservation area of about 35 000kmï½².

2013-04-26 22:39
news24.com
Cape Town -

Just read this couple of hours ago !!! And the Governmant will sot and pick their noses about getiing the trade legalised till our side has none left as well !!!!

Someone better act soon.

The human race really makes me sick sometimes, greed...drives people to do many evil things!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!