Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Zimbabwe (Omay), New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
Sad news coming out of Kenya- another big tucker poached.

http://flip.it/foxHG2

image%3A3409.jpg

“Luckily, through the work we do with the Kenyan Wildlife Service, we were able to find the carcass before the poachers could recover the ivory,” said Moller.

Isn't it great they are so proud to find a dead Elephant. How lucky!
Anti poaching at it's best in Kenya!

"This particular elephant was one that was very approachable, one of those easy old boys to find. Many are the others are much more difficult to see,” Moller said."

How fortunate that all the Photo Safaris managed to ensure he was habituated to humans coming up close.

:S Censored::S Censored::S Censored::S Censored::S Censored:

Kenya's approach to wildlife just makes me sad in a very frustrated way.

I can't even imagine.

And from the looks of the picture, you didn't have to look too hard to find him - he's at the artificial water point!

Poaching happens everywhere, but it's an incontestable fact that there is more poaching where and when people see no economic value in the animals.

I assume, in keeping with recent custom, the authorities will burn these tusks in the next public relations bonfire.

I used to think that the wildlife authorities in Kenya just didn't get it, but I've realized that they do get it. They get money, big money, from the US and from anti-hunting groups to maintain this facade that they're helping animals.

If a system has failed..why cant it be fixed??

If a system has failed..why cant it be fixed??
Money.

In a country which allows hunting, the revenue from the hunting is spread around among government, workers, outfitters, etc.

In a country which doesn't allow hunting, the funds which come in from other governments or animal rights groups tend to stay in the government's hands. So why would the people who are profiting from this exercise want to change it to spread the wealth?

“Luckily, through the work we do with the Kenyan Wildlife Service, we were able to find the carcass before the poachers could recover the ivory,” said Moller.

"This particular elephant was one that was very approachable, one of those easy old boys to find. Many are the others are much more difficult to see,” Moller said."

How fortunate that all the Photo Safaris managed to ensure he was habituated to humans coming up close.

the elephant would rather be alive,thank you.

Sad really.

This one's name sake is in my avatar SATAO.
Naming the damn things does not save them.
It certainly did not save his "big brother" Three years ago.

2735.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I assume, in keeping with recent custom, the authorities will burn these tusks in the next public relations bonfire.

I was about to say the same thing! Thank goodness the tusks were recovered so that they can be burned in a pointless gesture that does nothing to help the problem.

But thats what makes the big $$ for those Photo Safari companies!

And from the looks of the picture, you didn't have to look too hard to find him - he's at the artificial water point!
With buildings in the background... Wonder where that photo was taken?

This one's name sake is in my avatar SATAO.
Naming the damn things does not save them.
It certainly did not save his "big brother" Three years ago.
View attachment 175263
The poachers obviously didnt get the memo...

Do the african leaders really care about this...?? I think not...

Most of them are very content if they have a lot of money, big black Mercedes Benz, expensive suits to wear and plenty of young women to screw...

And we keep supporting their flamboyant lifestyle by sending foreign aid...wich they but in their pockets.....:S Kneel:

Kenya...wildlife management at it's absolute worst. Complete and dismal failure. And yet anti hunting a holes keep supporting them. Really sad for wildlife and shame on the anti's.

Seems like everything in Kenya is going to shit

https://www.google.ca/amp/news.nati...ranch-in-kenya-as-land-invasions-escalate/amp

Former Queen’s Guard officer shot dead on his ranch in Kenya as land invasions escalate

Tribal warriors shot dead a former Guards officer on his ranch in Kenya Sunday as a campaign of land invasions in the country’s white farming heartlands claimed its most prominent victim to date.

Tristan Voorspuy, 60, was killed on Sosian, a 24,000 acre ranch in the Laikipia region, which was occupied by armed warriors last month.

Voorspuy’s death, the first of a white farmer since the invasions began last year, represents a major escalation in an offensive that many white farmers believe represents a politically motivated land grab in one of the country’s most important conservation areas. Neighbours said Voorspuy, one of Sosian’s co-owners, had ridden out to inspect an area where invaders burned down three houses last week.

“Apparently he took it upon himself to get on a horse to check on one of the remaining houses that had not been burned down,” said a white rancher from a nearby farm. “But he was ambushed and shot dead.”

After Voorspuy, who was regarded as one of Kenya’s finest horsemen, failed to return, a white farmer from a neighbouring ranch flew over the area and spotted his horse, which had been badly injured.

A tracker later found and identified Voorspuy’s body but it has yet to be retrieved because the area is still patrolled by large gangs of armed warriors from Kenya’s Samburu and Pokot ethnic groups.

Sosian is one of a number of large ranches to have been seized in recent months. Ostensibly, the invasions were triggered by a drought that forced Samburu and Pokot herdsmen to abandon denuded pasture to the north and east of Laikipia and drive their cattle on to the carefully husbanded ranches.

As many as 20 black Kenyans have been killed, among them workers on white-owned farms. Some white ranchers have been shot at and one black rancher was shot and wounded last year. Wildlife, including elephants, have also been killed.

Opposition politicians and many farm owners claim that local politicians are using the cover of a general election in August to stir up ethnic violence to drive ranch owners out of the area.

The government’s response has been muted, although two small police operations have been mounted against the invaders in the past month, including one last week on Sosian. Both failed.

“The police went on to drive the herders out and had the bejesus put up them and they turned tail and ran,” a white rancher said.

Shortly before Voorspuy’s death, Kenya’s police chief, Joseph Boinett, flew over Sosian in a helicopter and reportedly came under fire. Boinett denied the claim.

Voorspuy, who is survived by his wife Lucinda and two grown-up children, bought Sosian ranch with six other shareholders in 2005. He is credited with turning land that had been badly degraded into a successful wildlife conservation project.

Known as an engaging raconteur and intrepid riding safari guide, Voorspuy was a central figure in white Kenyan society. He served in the British Army for six years in the Seventies before serving a two-year commission with the Household Guards.

He lived at Deloraine, perhaps the country’s best-known colonial farm house. Built by Lord Francis Scott, the uncle of Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester, it has hosted the Queen Mother and the Duchess of York.

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst part is they may be more sorrow expressed towards the ele than the man.

Sad....

17097423_376505782712253_2436177239975629631_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross