Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
NRA (Life), True Green Alliance
Hunted
USA, Finland, Canada, Africa, Greenland
I was recently at the Chapuis factory in France, and I had a chance to play with their diminutive RGEX double rifles. For some reason, the trim 28-ga round action, together with the niceness of the wood and the compact barrel size (something I normally do NOT like compared to a longer barrel/shorter forend combination) really intrigued me.

Also, the idea of owning a double rifle in a small caliber like 7x57R, 8x57R or .30-06 kind of makes me want one, especially because I can get it at a substantial discount and I can have it regulated for whatever ammo I choose.

Am I crazy for wanting one? It would be my second new double and may make a fun overall non-dangerous-game number--but on the other hand, I could use that money for another few animals in Africa for either this year or 2023. This is where my disease for collecting rifles gets me into trouble...

1652379846541.png

Kevin--darn, a "double double" hunt... hadn't thought of that. Thank God my wife thinks that walnut and steel procreate spontaneously in the gun-safe.... So tempted....

Kevin--darn, a "double double" hunt... hadn't thought of that. Thank God my wife thinks that walnut and steel procreate spontaneously in the gun-safe.... So tempted....
Tom you have answered your own question there. If the long haired commander dont know its all good. Im with my other brothers. Just get it and as @Kevin Peacocke said do a double double hunt

You are absolutely talking to the wrong crowd to be talked out of buying a double.....or any other nice gun for that matter. We are unapologetic enablers.

Now go on and do what you know you are going to and buy it. And of course post lots of pictures when you do.
It's only money, you will make some more next week.

Your kinda sorta barking up the wrong tree to be talked out of buying a gun of any kind. ;)

Go for it!

sorta like an alcoholic hanging out at the bar asking the guy next to him if he should buy another drink... lol....

just go on and buy it.. :D

And at the end of each day of a double-double hunt, you can sit around the camp fire with your choice of adult beverage, which would be a double of course.

I'd go a step further and say you should order at least 2 barrel sets. I'm thinking 6.5x57R and 7x65R would be a nice set up.

A double in 7x65r would be my vote

Well, so far the only calibers they offer in the smaller models are 9.3x74R, 8x57R, .30-30, and upon request .30-06, .30 Blaser, 7x57R and 6.5x57R. I'd probably go with either the .30-06 or one of the x57s. What I like about the 8x57R is that most commercial offerings (for which it would be regulated) are for the 196gr bullet. Sellier & Bellot also offers two loads in 7x57R with a 170+gr bullet. Tempting.

BTW, you guys are no help talking me out of it! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you