Please Recommend An LG (000 Buckshot) Load For Follow Up Work

Sir, if you would consider SG rather than LG shot you could look at:

Gamebore Buffalo and Lyalvale Supergame

I use this, works!
@Scrumbag
It is a really small world . As a matter of fact , I recently acquired a box of Lyalvale Express Supergame 2 3/4 inch AAA shells and I used them quite successfully to hunt half a dozen greylag geese .

SG would be perfectly suitable for barking deer , Axis deer and ( perhaps ) even wild boar . However , when I need to employ a shotgun against the creatures pictured below ; I find that the .36 calibre diameter of LG slugs are quite difficult to surpass .
EFF201F6-74A2-4CE6-9862-400DF29EBBBB.jpeg
2E2A06D8-7FF4-4069-9691-4501BA23FA2B.png

Generally speaking, if you are going to use buckshot, it pays to use copper plated loads. Also, if you desire to hit the animal at fairly close range, consider #1 buck or even #4 buck. Many more pellets. Less holes in the pattern and will pattern well out of just about any constriction. If you desire to stop the animal in it's tracks, you will need much testing with various loads and chokes till you find what you think will serve your needs. Double 0 or triple O will be what your looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross