Planning First African Hunt

Slick3006

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello. I’m new here on the forum. Like many of you, I’m excited to be here for information to plan my first African safari. I see many of my first questions have already been asked many times. I reckon we were all first-timers at one point.

I look forward to chatting with many of you as time allows.

Now, where do I find a good used 375 H&H for that buffalo? Sounds just like a rookie I suppose.

Have a good evening,
Slick

Welcome Slick, I love all of the information here, I am sure you will too. Do you have your first safari booked?

Not yet. Hope to have that wrapped up at SCI in Nashville. I have a friend who highly recommends Somerby in South Africa. He has been with them many times and always has great hunts. Any recommendations on your end?

Not yet. Hope to have that wrapped up at SCI in Nashville. I have a friend who highly recommends Somerby in South Africa. He has been with them many times and always has great hunts. Any recommendations on your end?
I just hunted buffalo with Game 4 Africa in September, had a nice hunt, got a nice buffalo. I hunted this past May with Tsala Safaris, great place to hunt buffalo. My other cape buffaloes were taken in Zimbabwe. One thing to consider when looking to book an African safari is logistics of getting where you need to go. With Tsala, they are just 2 hours north of Johannesburg, so you can land there, they pick you up, you will be in camp in 2 hours. On this last trip I had to overnight in Johannesburg, then fly on to Port Elizabeth the next day. That adds a day of travel, cost of the nights stay and flight on to Port Elizabeth, plus all the f'ing around with that extra flight. You do enough research, you'll soon figure it out. Sorting out where to hunt is half the fun for me!!

Picked a great place to start your journey to hunt Africa. Lots of knowledgeable people here.

Welcome.

Can’t help with the 375, but as for outfitter recommendations, many of the sponsors on this site get rave reviews. Look at hunt reports and ask questions to narrow down your search.

Now, where do I find a good used 375 H&H for that buffalo? Sounds just like a rookie I suppose.

Have a good evening,
Slick

Welcome!

Watch AH closely… a nice 375 seems to come available here at least once every week or two…

I’ve already got a .375 HH that I love… but I’ve certainly been tempted by some beautiful rifles at very fair prices listed here over the years…

Welcome!

Watch AH closely… a nice 375 seems to come available here at least once every week or two…

I’ve already got a .375 HH that I love… but I’ve certainly been tempted by some beautiful rifles at very fair prices listed here over the years…
Will do. Thanks for the info.

Welcome to AH Slick.
As you’ve already found there are a lot of people on this site more than willing to answer your questions. The search feature is a great help as well.
if your not set on hunting RSA, look at Jamy Traut in Namibia. I haven’t hunted buffalo with him YET, but I hunted PG with him at one of his several camps (Panorama Camp) across Namibia. He’ll be at SCI.

Welcome to AH Slick.
As you’ve already found there are a lot of people on this site more than willing to answer your questions. The search feature is a great help as well.
if your not set on hunting RSA, look at Jamy Traut in Namibia. I haven’t hunted buffalo with him YET, but I hunted PG with him at one of his several camps (Panorama Camp) across Namibia. He’ll be at SCI.
I’ll look him up. Thanks.

Enjoy SCI, it can be overwhelming to say the least. On my first trip to Africa I went with a list of questions for the Safari outfitters and based on their responses and interaction I narrowed the choices down from eight the first day to 3 on day two and made my final decision on the last day of the show. Honestly there were two that were tied and it was the other amenities that the final choice tipped the balance in his favour. Im sure that after day one you will have more questions than at the start of the show. Enjoy, this is a much pleasure as part of the journey and the buildup of anticipation will only be beginning.

Welcome to AH Slick!!! Plenty of good advice around, feel free to fire away with some of the unanswered questions you might have!!
My best Jaco!
Hello. I’m new here on the forum. Like many of you, I’m excited to be here for information to plan my first African safari. I see many of my first questions have already been asked many times. I reckon we were all first-timers at one point.

I look forward to chatting with many of you as time allows.

Have a good evening,
Slick

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH Slick!

Giday Slick and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome welcome welcome

Happy to be of assistance in any way send me a message and i will gladly help
We can make your first trip amazing here at tallyho

Welcome to AH! Please let me know if I can answer any questions about @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS for you.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross