Plains Game Hunt Special South Africa 2017

How confident are you of getting a kudu over 55"? Oryx over 40"? Do you have large eland?

Hello Rick , all of our packages and Kudu on price list are Cape Kudu they average 44-48" with occasional 50-53" from time to time, however it is possible to get a Greater Kudu in the 55" class but trophy fees are higher at $3000. Our Eland are Cape Eland 32" and up very nice. Hennie is an awesome PH and doesn't like shooting small animals, he takes pride in the quality of animals our clients take home with them. Gemsbuck 40" are possible ass well , 40" males are very large indeed as most world records are held by the female Gemsbuck. But as an outfitter to say I can guarantee you a 55" Kudu or larger with a 40" class Gemsbuck and a monster Eland would not be professional on our part. We hunt large properties our lodge sits on 24,710 acres of low fenced acerage . That's why they call it hunting instead of killing right? To do those 3 animals on a single 7 day hunt can be done yes but that I cannot guarantee.

Reactions: cls
Attached is a 53.5" Cape Kudu and Eland is a touch over 35" I took these on same trip .

kudu.jpg
SA 2104 Day 3 033.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cls
Attached is a 53.5" Cape Kudu and Eland is a touch over 35" I took these on same trip .

That is a giant cape kudu with great shape and that is a top shelf eland also. Great trophies and your lodge and area look amazing.

Those animals are about as good as it gets in the East Cape. Well done. Bruce

Hello Rick , all of our packages and Kudu on price list are Cape Kudu they average 44-48" with occasional 50-53" from time to time, however it is possible to get a Greater Kudu in the 55" class but trophy fees are higher at $3000. Our Eland are Cape Eland 32" and up very nice. Hennie is an awesome PH and doesn't like shooting small animals, he takes pride in the quality of animals our clients take home with them. Gemsbuck 40" are possible ass well , 40" males are very large indeed as most world records are held by the female Gemsbuck. But as an outfitter to say I can guarantee you a 55" Kudu or larger with a 40" class Gemsbuck and a monster Eland would not be professional on our part. We hunt large properties our lodge sits on 24,710 acres of low fenced acerage . That's why they call it hunting instead of killing right? To do those 3 animals on a single 7 day hunt can be done yes but that I cannot guarantee.
Thanks for such an a thoughtful reply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glorianab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg