Reviews
Reaction score
Website
mghunting.com
Deals & offers
Media
21.jpg

Pigeon & Big game program.
This program takes place in La Pampa province, this is the perfect place to combine a Black Buck hunt with pigeons on the afternoon, you also will be able to shoot some foxes and vizcachas on the night.

Hunting Area
The hunt is performed at the Province of La Pampa, about 600 km distant from Buenos Aires city. As one of the most arid and wild scenarios of Argentina, this is the ideal hunting area for these trophies. These animals made La Pampa their natural habitat at the beginning of the century when the first ones were brought in.

Lodge
Our lodge is located near the hunting area. Our country-style house has 6 double rooms all with private bathrooms, a great dining area and a lounge room where hunters may relax and enjoy an after-dinner drink.

All services are catered to allow hunters to take full advantage of their hunt and stay.

Transfers
All transfers are done in our latest 4-Wheel drive vehicles. We take care of all transfers to and from airports in Buenos Aires. You, as our guest hunter during your hunt, will be accompanied by our staff at all times, from the moment you arrive until your departure.

Weather
The Province of La Pampa has a wide array of weather conditions. In the summer months (Dec 21st – March 20th) temperatures can get above 35ºC/95°F. In fall (March 21st – June 20th) the temperature is still a warm 28ºC/82°F along the day, descending to 8°C/46°F in the evening, what makes these months one of the hunters’ favorite times to come over. In winter (June 21st – Sep 20th) temperatures are around 5°C/41°F in the morning and 8°C/46°F during the rest of the day. The temperature in spring (Sep 21st – Dec 20th) is a bit more variable, with a maximum of about 20°C/68°F throughout the day, falling to 12°C/54°F at evening.

How to Get Here
Argentina is a country where most major American and European airlines reach. There is a wide range of offers at low prices. Our international airport in Buenos Aires is Ministro Pistarini (Ezeiza). Once here, our staff will be expecting you at the airport to make your transfer to the domestic airport at 35 minutes drive from the international one. After one-hour flight you will arrive at Santa Rosa’s airport were you will be greeted and taken to our lodge that is at about one-hour drive.

You must take into account that flights to La Pampa are not operative on a daily basis, therefore we strongly recommend you to ask us about this, in order to make up your itinerary together. Another option is to arrive in Buenos Aires and then rent a plane to Santa Rosa (1hr. 20 min). This may be an interesting way of combining several hunting areas on a single trip.

The program:
- Day 1: Big game hunt in the morning and Pigeon hunt on the afternoon and night hunt of predators and Vizcachas.
- Day 2: Big game hunt in the morning and Pigeon hunt on the afternoon and night hunt of predators and Vizcachas.
- Day 3: Big game hunt in the morning and Pigeon hunt on the afternoon and night hunt of predators and Vizcachas.

HUNT INCLUDES:
· Reception and paperwork assistance in all Argentine airports.
· Transfers amongst the different hunting spots of the hunting areas in modern all-terrain vehicles and vans.
· Accommodation in own Lodge, close to the hunting areas.
· Regional and international meals and beverages of the highest quality (hard drinks inclusive)
· Personalized attention by safari organizers.
· Guides.
· Skinning and salting preparation.
· Gun rental.
· Hunting licenses.

HUNT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
§ Tips: (not exceeding) US$ 100 for the entire hunt.
§ Local flights and layovers in Buenos Aires, international telephone calls.
§ Non hunter: U$S 300
§ Shells U$S 15 the box of 25

TOTAL PRICE: U$S 3.500

Other animals available:
Water Buffalo: U$S 4.000
Wild Boar: U$S 1.000
Wild Goat: U$S 700
Scotish Black Face: U$S 1.000

DJI_0005.jpg

033.JPG

Any pictures of your typical water buffalo?
What kind of predators do you have?
What is a Viscacha?
Thanks

Any pictures of your typical water buffalo?
What kind of predators do you have?
What is a Viscacha?
Thanks

Forward you will find some pictures of water buffalos, vizcachas and foxes (predators).

20.jpg
21.jpg
Vizcacha.jpg
Zorro .jpg

WOW that vizcachas is a strange animal! Your fox almost looks like our coyotes, but probably smaller.
Your water buffaloes are very unique looking. This sounds like it could be a special hunt.
Just how safe is it getting to and from the concession? My Argentinian neighbor tells me Buenos Aires is very dangerous and he is a karate master.

WOW that vizcachas is a strange animal! Your fox almost looks like our coyotes, but probably smaller.
Your water buffaloes are very unique looking. This sounds like it could be a special hunt.
Just how safe is it getting to and from the concession? My Argentinian neighbor tells me Buenos Aires is very dangerous and he is a karate master.

Argentina might be one of the safest countries in South America, in Buenos Aires downtown as in most of downtowns there are some parts a complicated but if you don’t move from the tourist part of the city you won’t have any problem. Either way, you will be always with someone from our staff and he will take you from international to national airport to make the flight connection you need to make.
If you want I can send you a P.M. with more pictures and telling you a bit more about this program.

Best Regards,

Manuel Gil.

Simply chiming in that MG runs a class operation. I have hunted doves with them in Cordoba and we and another couple will be traveling next year for doves and ducks in the Eastern part of the country. As an aside, we love BA - this will be our third trip with a few days in the city. The food and music are wonderful (though I tango terribly). Never a problem.

MG................this looks like a very enjoyable hunt, and would be a great combo with a few days in BA as well. What months do you offer this hunt? I assume, but do not see, that the black buck trophy fee is included in the cost?....................thanks for the offer......................FWB

MG................this looks like a very enjoyable hunt, and would be a great combo with a few days in BA as well. What months do you offer this hunt? I assume, but do not see, that the black buck trophy fee is included in the cost?....................thanks for the offer......................FWB

Dear FWB,

This offer runs until ends of November, any time before it will be good. You are right the black buck is included.
If you want we can also arrange some city tour or some tango show in Bs. As.

Best Regards,

Manuel Gil.

This is the asiatic water buffalo domestic subtype. Contrast this with the asiatic water buffalo wild which most of you must have seen in Australia NT Arnhem land hunts.

The fox is also typical of Indian fox ( not the Indian red fox.

I have had many Indian hunters refuse to hunt buffalo in Argentina because they don’t feel like hunting their pet.

Don’t get me wrong the domestic buffalo if loses its temper can also kill but it is less aggressive than the wild type. This is the same as other species pig vs wild boar and wolf vs dog.

When these animals again go wild they become more aggressive like feral pigs and wild dogs.

But because of the psychological barrier many hunters refused.

This is the asiatic water buffalo domestic subtype. Contrast this with the asiatic water buffalo wild which most of you must have seen in Australia NT Arnhem land hunts.

The fox is also typical of Indian fox ( not the Indian red fox.

I have had many Indian hunters refuse to hunt buffalo in Argentina because they don’t feel like hunting their pet.

Don’t get me wrong the domestic buffalo if loses its temper can also kill but it is less aggressive than the wild type. This is the same as other species pig vs wild boar and wolf vs dog.

When these animals again go wild they become more aggressive like feral pigs and wild dogs.

But because of the psychological barrier many hunters refused.

Dear,

I understand your appreciations but let me clarify some of your words.

There are many different Asiatic Buffalos (or water buffalos) all of them are able to become domestic. In Argentina we have 4 of those species, the Jafarabadi which is only used for meet or milk production, the Murray buffalo which is used for mozzarella production ( one of the best mozzarellas in the world ) and the Mediterranean Buffalo that is called “Mediterranean” because the main population of them was in Italy. This specie, gets back to his wild life almost immediately and it´s the one that we hunt in Argentina having a very high percentage of fun hunts and are very appreciated by all the clients that hunt with us year by year.

The specie that used the most for work in Asia is the Carabao Buffalo which you can find wild in the north of Australia.

This comments are only our view on this situation. Thank you for your comments.

Best Regards,

Manuel Gil

Manuel is exactly correct. The “domesticated” water buffalo used throughout Southeast Asia is the same buffalo hunted in Australia. I have watched children no older than 10 in Thailand leading an “Aussie” type buffalo around by the ring in his nose.

Dear both.
I didn’t want to get too technical.
Yes I concede the point about Aussie and aregntitian being the same.
If you notice, my post was in reply to the “looks” of the Argentine buffalo.
I tried to compare that appearance to that of the currently domesticated buffalo in Asia vs the Australian buffalo which is similar in appearance to the wild buffalo.

That was my intention. Not to demean any outfitter. I even tried to say that once in the wild they become feral and gave the example of feral hogs and dogs.

For technical correctness, The two types of buffalo in Asia wild and domesticated.

Wild is bubalus arnee and domesticated is bubalus bubalis.

Though some claim a different species some claim it’s a subspecies.

However both can interbreed.

Again from trophy point of view the horns of both in general look different. Very different and the appearance of b. Bubalis is of shorter roundish/ curved horns and that of b arnee is that of a greater curvature.

As you are aware the maximum wild buffalo population (b arnee) is in India which also has the maximum b baubalis population.

Almost every person there actually either owns or knows someone who owns a buffalo. And the majority or even 100% population has consumed buffalo milk at some point or consume regularly.

I was just trying to share an interesting tid bit re buffaloes based on their appearance and not a full scientific discussion.
And I still stand by the fact that I have had some Indian clients refusing to shoot buffalo in Argentina because they look like a pet but be ok with arhnemland because they look like wild.
I am not saying that is right or wrong but Sharing different cultural aspects of hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg