Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I have been drafted to organize a sheep group tour to RSA. The Dorper sheep championships are next year in Bloemfontein in early May. The group will attend the shows, visit some Dorper sheep breeders, and then have time to hunt or more likely just go on a photo safari. What might be near Bloomfontain?
Y’all know organizing a photo safari is a little out of my wheelhouse! Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Philip

There are place near there, try Avula Safaris they have properties in that area. Could point you in the right direction.

Try contacting Bennie Lategan, Lategan Safaris. DG,PG PH based in Bloomfontein. Ill be hunting with him this August.

Bloemfontein isn't near anything "great" as far as Photo safaris go, and you won't see much of the big five. I can help you with hunting in the area, or if you want to just stay at our lodge and photograph the animals on our property you are more than welcome to. We have a place in excelsior, about an hour from Bloem.

We are primarily based by the Kruger, where we could do exciting photo safaris all day long, but needless to say, that would be a 12-hour + drive, or a 1-stop flight from Bloem to Johannesburg and then to Hoedspruit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcdowall

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!