Photo books of Africa Trips

Savage Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I recently saw some ads from Shutterfly about making a bound photo album that was inexpensive.
I logged onto the site and looked around.

We ended up making a hardbound book with "lay flat" pages.
We perused over the 3-400 pictures in my computer of our 3 African trips and chose the ones we liked best.
We picked the best scenery shots and kill shots, but focused most on the former, with the kill shots moreso at the end.
We ended up with a coffee table book of 60+ pages that I had arranged to tell a story, complete with captions and some poetry to make it humorous and more interesting.

With the upgrades we picked and the shipping added, it came to about $95.00.
We were well pleased.
Now, folks can enjoy looking thru our pics casually in the living room if they like.

I know other companies offer this service, but I really liked the Shutterfly site.
Give it a look.

blessings,
the Savage rphguy

Excellent idea! I love sitting with a picture book rather than staring at a “boob tube”! I’ll have to take a look at Shutterfly.
Thanks for the info!

My wife actually wants to do this with some of my stuff.

Charlie, you obviously have a very understanding wife. Lucky man!

My wife put together my hunt report I posted here last year with all the words and pictures, she used Shutterfly. The quality is very good.

We also put together another book with some of the other photos we took using the online Wal-Mart app. The printing quality was not close to the Shutterfly printing but it was also half the cost.

Bottom line: spend a little more and use Shutterfly.

About 6 months after my Dall sheep hunt in the Yukon, the outfitter I hunted with sent me a nice "coffee table" type photo album book. It had 6-7 historical pages of their operation, which was really cool since they have had the concession in their family for over 100 years. This was followed by several pages of photos of each successful sheep, moose and bear hunter. There were a few photos of the winter trapping efforts and then finally a number of pages showing the guides, wranglers, cooks, etc doing all the activities it takes to make it all look easy. Winter haul in of supplies by snow machine, horse round up in the spring, etc. The book makes for a great memento of the hunt and also great advertising for the outfitter.

Front and back cover of the Shutterfly book:

5D78CABF-DC1A-48A6-826A-2B44ABE81B8A.jpeg

B11EAC0F-BE87-458E-A311-C7924042AAD9.jpeg

It's nice to have something to hold in your hands.

I make one of those through Shutterfly after every major hunt or one of our vacations. I use my journal to write up the trip in the album as well - becomes a bit of an illustrated diary. I did the same thing with actual photos in albums for most our married life, and began using Shutterfly about a decade ago. I love going through them and suspect children and grandchildren will appreciate them as well someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you