PH and Fly-fishing guide

Daniel Bridger

Reaction score
Member of
PHASA
Good day all,

I joined AH a year ago but have had little to do on the site.
I completed my PH course last year and have enjoyed a couple of hunts through the past season.
I am working for a company who offer fly-fishing clinics, covering the basics and introduction into fly-fishing right up to the advanced techniques and different fish species all on fly. We also offer corporate team building clinics at certain venues around Gauteng.
I am working on trying to incorporate the fly-fishing and hunting, as well as looking at bowfishing which is increasing in popularity in S.A.
I would love to hear some feed back from all of you especially the outfitters opinions on offering the fly-fishing as an extra for when the clients wish list is completed.

Kind regards
Daniel Bridger

Welcome to AH Daniel! Enjoy the site.

Welcome to AH Daniel!

Welcome Daniel.

Each time I have gone hunting in RSA I have gone fishing in combination with my hunting excursion.

It works very well, if you have enough time and there is not too much traveling involved.
Tiger Fish on Jozini on the arrival day while still getting over the jet lag.
Rainbow Trout on the fly in the Drakensberg.

It provides a great additional activity.

Welcome to AH. Im sure there are plenty who would love to either fly fish or bow fish while on Safari. The bow fishing in particular sounds like a blast. What species do you bow fish for?

Welcome Daniel.

Each time I have gone hunting in RSA I have gone fishing in combination with my hunting excursion.

It works very well, if you have enough time and there is not too much traveling involved.
Tiger Fish on Jozini on the arrival day while still getting over the jet lag.
Rainbow Trout on the fly in the Drakensberg.

It provides a great additional activity.

That is great to hear Brickburn, you are quite correct Tiger fishing is great fun. We have a lodge up on the Zambezi River (Zimbabwe side) where we take guys tiger fishing and even pick them up on fly.
I would love to see some pics of the fish you have caught in S.A.

Kind Regards
Daniel

Welcome to AH. Im sure there are plenty who would love to either fly fish or bow fish while on Safari. The bow fishing in particular sounds like a blast. What species do you bow fish for?

I am also very new to the whole Bow fishing idea but here in S.A all the alien species may legally be hunted and the main ones guys go for are Carp or Barble (Catfish).
From the fishing side of things we manage a couple of dams at venues around S.A and need to control certain invasive species like the carp and we thought of the bow fishing as an interesting management aspect.

Kind Regards
Daniel

That is great to hear Brickburn, you are quite correct Tiger fishing is great fun. We have a lodge up on the Zambezi River (Zimbabwe side) where we take guys tiger fishing and even pick them up on fly.
I would love to see some pics of the fish you have caught in S.A.

Kind Regards
Daniel

No Tigers yet. Only bites. Too darn cold on Jozini when I was there.

Zambezi Tigers does sound like fun.

Rainbows

Holding the point!

Attachments

• IMG_4460_zpsb10f10ad.jpg
    IMG_4460_zpsb10f10ad.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4453_zps7be2e0cb.jpg
    IMG_4453_zps7be2e0cb.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 107
No Tigers yet. Only bites. Too darn cold on Jozini when I was there.

Zambezi Tigers does sound like fun.

Rainbows

Holding the point!

Now, if you could just get him to point BEFORE the fish bit...

Now, if you could just get him to point BEFORE the fish bit...

He wanted to. He'd see the fish rise and be looking for them.

Not a great idea to have him out swimming around though. He was willing.

He wanted to. He'd see the fish rise and be looking for them.

Not a great idea to have him out swimming around though. He was willing.

Gotta love a good working dog.

Welcome Daniel!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg