FallowJaeger

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
SCI
I had the chance to watch South African Hunter/business man Peter Flack’s film “Flack Hunts South Africa”. Two hours of solid information on Hunting all over RSA, animals etc.

What do others think of his work? He has a few books and DVDs. They seem very well made and factual.

I know he is going into retirement being he is a older gentleman.

I like what I’ve seen, just looking for others thoughts.

I had the chance to watch South African Hunter/business man Peter Flack’s film “Flack Hunts South Africa”. Two hours of solid information on Hunting all over RSA, animals etc.

What do others think of his work? He has a few books and DVDs. They seem very well made and factual.

I know he is going into retirement being he is a older gentleman.

I like what I’ve seen, just looking for others thoughts.

Here are Peter Flack's websites if anyone wants to see what he has.

https://www.peterflack.co.za/

https://storeusa.peterflack.co.za/

I have his Spiral Horn series and the new Buffalo book, wealth of information, great reading, and well worth the chips.

I would highly recommend his books.

Gale Johnson

Have twice had extended conversations with him (and his lovely bride). He mentioned at Dallas this year that it would be his last show. I suggested a better end was to have the muse pry the quill from his stiff dead fingers, but he seems determined to retire. A wonderful writer and fine gentleman.

Good info! Thanks for letting us know about him!

How is his book on Buffalo different to Dr. Kevin Robertson's. Thanks.

I would characterize Kevin’s book as more of a practical ‘how to’ book. Which calibers to use, which shot to take, shot placement, hunting technique, etc. Peter’s book goes much deeper on each of the different subspecies, their range, characteristics, hunting stories and the like. They are very complementary, I would highly recommend both.

I think WAB sums up the differences between the Flack & Robertson buffalo books very well. Both are great books.

I’ve got Peter Flacks spiral horn series & I’ve never regretted buying them, they are superb.

Regards
Russ

I would characterize Kevin’s book as more of a practical ‘how to’ book. Which calibers to use, which shot to take, shot placement, hunting technique, etc. Peter’s book goes much deeper on each of the different subspecies, their range, characteristics, hunting stories and the like. They are very complementary, I would highly recommend both.
Does it also have information about calibers,ammo etc. Thank you.

Does it also have information about calibers,ammo etc. Thank you.
Kevin's book goes into great depth on calibers, bullet selection, etc.. It is a must read for anyone serious about buffalo. I assume you are talking about Kevin's most recent book. His prior book on buffalo, Nyati, deserves a read and a place on the shelf as well.

Kevin's book goes into great depth on calibers, bullet selection, etc.. It is a must read for anyone serious about buffalo. I assume you are talking about Kevin's most recent book. His prior book on buffalo, Nyati, deserves a read and a place on the shelf as well.
Kevin's book Nyati seem to be out of print. However of the two which do you suggest. Thank you.

Kevin's book Nyati seem to be out of print. However of the two which do you suggest. Thank you.

The newer book is much more comprehensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg