PETA on hunting dogs

Bsums

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
USA, Africa
I found this on PETA's website and couldn't believe this garbage.
"The bears, cougars, deer, foxes, and other animals who are chased, trapped, and even killed by dogs during (sometimes illegal) hunts aren’t the only ones to suffer from this variant of the “sport.” Dogs used for hunting are often kept chained or penned and are denied routine veterinary care such as vaccines and heartworm medication. Some are lost during hunts and never found, whereas others are turned loose at the end of hunting season to fend for themselves and die of starvation or get struck by vehicles."
http://www.peta.org/issues/wildlife/wildlife-factsheets/sport-hunting-cruel-unnecessary/

Dog owners spend a fortune taking care of their dogs..The dogs love to hunt just as they love to pull sleds in the north..

It must be marvelous to be able to make up so many bold lies and convince yourself that they're true and be able to get away with it. The complete denial of logic and reason must surely cause great stress on the human mind. How PETA members don't continually have psychotic breaks resulting in compulsory institutionalization is beyond me.

PETArds are great at the whole, "one wrong negates a thousand rights" way of thinking. This is evident by the parenthetical, "sometimes illegal."

My late uncle used to raise bird dogs. If he lost a dog it was equivalent to losing a child due to the amount of time, money, and energy he spent training them and keeping them healthy. Hunting dogs have strong bonds with their owners and vice versa, not to mention hunting dogs tend to live longer than their lay-about counterparts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.