Permanently exporting a rifle out of RSA

Zippo9x19

Reaction score
Good evening all.

I hope I'm at the right place on the site. Could somebody kindly advise what are the difficulties with SAPS in permanently exporting a new rifle out of SA into a neighboring country for consumption (Zim).
Thanks!

There are no difficulties, just visit your DFO, complete the forms and you’ll receive the permit after a couple of weeks, I would say after 2 to 4.

Zippo, just fill out a SAPS 520 form ( you can download that from the internet) and hand it to your DFO. Like bushpig said, a couple of weeks and you should have it. I foresee more of a problem on the Zim side, but hope it goes well for you

Thanks!
Zippo, just fill out a SAPS 520 form ( you can download that from the internet) and hand it to your DFO. Like bushpig said, a couple of weeks and you should have it. I foresee more of a problem on the Zim side, but hope it goes well for you

Not so fast. I have just been through the whole procedure and it was a litany of misinformation and stop starts. The procedure has changed and the visit to the SAP and the 520 form hit a brick wall. First step is you get your import permit from Firearms Registry in CID Harare. The procedure now is that you need to export through an agent on the SA side, they do the collection and take to the airport etc. you send them your import permit and a host of other stuff they need. They apply to Pretoria directly on your behalf. When they get the permit they notify you and you start getting ready on the Zim side. The rifle is inspected by CID, CIO and customs in your presence at the airport. Then its locked away again and you wait until your clearing agent notifies you to collect. The agent on the SA side was Blu Logistics, on the Zim side Trax. Its expensive too. Send me your number if you want any more information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smithcaterine92

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg