Permanent Importation of a 1871/84 Mauser, black powder gift from the USA to RSA

Gert Odendaal

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Good day to all members:
I need some advice/information. A friend of mine Flatwater Bill , forum member would join me on the 1882 Era Black powder hunt this year. Unfortunately he is experiencing ill-health and had to cancel the hunt. The difficulty now is he will not be able to bring the rifle to South Africa for the duration of the hunt. This rifle is a gift from Bill to me. I now need to send him documentation regarding permanent exportation of a rifle from the USA , Idaho , Rigby , to South Africa . I will ask a visiting hunter to bring the rifle with , but I need to ensure the documentation is 100% in order before I can consider asking a visiting hunter to bring the rifle with....
I have the relevant documentation to do this/will talk to my DFO (Designated Fire-arms Officer )..I just need to be sure I am following the correct procedures to permanently export this rifle from the USA to South Africa..

I really would appreciate info regarding the the documentation I need to complete as well as the documentation Bill needs to complete and the procedures Bill need to follow ..???

I really would appreciate this greatly..

Regards

Gert Odendaal
South Africa

It won't be cheap Gert, but if you book me on Emirates first class I'll bring it along for you. :)

1479088720482.jpg

:LOL::LOL: Brickburn, it still is a good option (y)(y) doing things in grand style to get my 1871/84 Mauser to my home..(y)

Thank you Brickburn, it really is much appreciated. I am still working through the info in this regard. (y)

Gert

Good day Members
Some feedback: I commenced with the process to permanently importing a 1871/84 Black Powder Mauser rifle from the USA to my country , South Africa.
Step one:
The current owner will apply for a permit to permanently export a rifle ( non military ) to my country , South Africa.
I will complete the acquired forms from my side SAP 520 forms and send it to him to complete his part as well.
I will make a duplicate of the SAP 520 forms , one set he will have with him to add to the forms a person need to bring the rifle to South Africa.
I will have a set of the permanent export of rifle forms filled out by the owner as well , both of us will have these forms with us.
When this step is completed I will give more updates as the process makes headway...
If there are any visiting hunters coming to hunt in South Africa and is willing to bring along this rifle , I really would appreciate it very much to hear from you.(y)(y)(y)(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg