Permanent Exporting a 1871/84 Mauser: Bringing to South Africa?

Gert Odendaal

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Members, as mentioned in the Chat forum, I need to bring to South Africa a 187/84 Black Powder rifle ( permanently exporting) . I am currently getting all the documentation in this regards ready..on the American side as well as on my side in South Africa...If I am successful in getting a permanent exporting permit from the authorities in America /South Africa I really would like to hear from hunters( black powder) who might visit South Africa to do black powder hunts to bring my rifle along, I will pay what is needed.

I really hope to hear from you.

Kind Regards

Gert Odendaal
South Africa

Update: Permanent importing this rifle from the South African side is sorted out:

Good Morning Sir
In order for you to Permanently Import the rifle into South Africa you must complete SAPS 520 form and when the rifle is imported into South Africa

You need to complete SAPS 539 form (Permission to Store Firearms) for the rifle to be stored at licensed Firearm Dealer and complete SAPS 271 form to apply for the possession of that rifle.
Regards
KJ MOKWENA
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR

CENTRAL FIREARMS REGISTER

FIREARMS, LIQUOR AND SECOND-HAND GOODS CONTROL

TEL: 012 353 6946

FAX: 012 353 6269

EMAIL: MokwenaKwena@saps.org.za

GetFileAttachment

I do have these documents...now it is to sort out the USA side of permanent importing this rile(y)(y)

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 182
Update:
I did receive conformation that the permanent export permit is being granted...(y)

Good day to all members.
Members, I am standing with my hat in my hands to ask a favor from a black powder hunter who is visiting South Africa now in 2018. A member on our forum gave me a Mauser 1871/84 as a gift, all documentation is valid/according to USA permanent exportation requirements ...if anyone would be so kind as to bring 2x rifles along to South Africa I am prepared to arrange hunting an Impala/warthog hunt for this favor for free at Weltevreden farm where we do our annual hunt every year ..I will pay the hunted animals. Please pm me.(y)(y)(y)(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg