PayPal limited/banned

Whatever it was it’s resolved now. It was almost like PayPal was fishing... Kept pushing be for a description of the item I was buying. I was firm in my reposes and finally stated that I had nothing else to offer PayPal in that regard: next email stated my account was restored.
Drew,
Good news!
Philip

I agree, but had zero issue closing my account if they were to continue.
Thanks Phillip!

Whatever it was it’s resolved now. It was almost like PayPal was fishing... Kept pushing be for a description of the item I was buying. I was firm in my reposes and finally stated that I had nothing else to offer PayPal in that regard: next email stated my account was restored.
Yeah, that whole situation is wierd? I still believe there is some cross tracking between companies and certain websites that may sell their declared prohibited items. I just will NEVER use them, because I choose not to. There are several other buying/selling options available.

I will definitely be more judicious in my PayPal purchases now. I’ll utilize Venmo and certified check like others have mentioned.

Sometimes we have to do business with the enemy.

Tried paypal a couple times and couldn't get it to work so said to Hell with it and went elsewhere. Now I use credit card or check.

PP makes it way to easy for me. A couple of clicks and I have my merchandise on the way to my home. I don't have to type in my address, CC information or anything else. It is all on file

But then I don't purchase ammo or firearms online.

PP makes it way to easy for me. A couple of clicks and I have my merchandise on the way to my home. I don't have to type in my address, CC information or anything else. It is all on file

But then I don't purchase ammo or firearms online.
JimP, that has recently became the norm for me also. I no longer have to even go through the log in process.....it just knows!!!! But as you said, I don't buy guns and such on PP.

JimP, that has recently became the norm for me also. I no longer have to even go through the log in process.....it just knows!!!! But as you said, I don't buy guns and such on PP.

I have found that as I get older I like to make things as simple as possible. Most days I don't even put my wallet into my pants pocket, last summer I looked around the house for a hour trying to find it so that I could use a CC for a payment. I found it under the bed where it had fallen when I took my pants off the night before.

I purchased a gun from GB and the seller requested Venmo. I added the model gun. Happened to be an old Winchester shotgun so I put winchester 97 and about 30min later Venmo refunded my money with no questions asked. I tried a second time with using the order number and it went through. keep this in mind when using this service as well.

At times , I wonder how I reached such an advanced age without any of the on line tools and problems discussed above. Just lucky I guess. Or maybe it was just good looks?

At times , I wonder how I reached such an advanced age without any of the on line tools and problems discussed above. Just lucky I guess. Or maybe it was just good looks?
If I were you, I’d be saying it was both! I tell my wife how lucky she is all the time :LOL:

Reactions: crs
Tried paypal a couple times and couldn't get it to work so said to Hell with it and went elsewhere. Now I use credit card or check.
Same here, too many policies that i don't understand or care for. I just go with Money Orders these days,
Plus i had to boycott PayPal for picking a side. Why can't business just be what it is anymore.

Just curious, have any members used Zelle, I do not like PP for many of the reasons listed. i have never purchased any hard goods with Zelle but is seems super fast with family, friends and service calls for the house etc.

JP

I've used Zelle several times with purchases and sales here on AH. Very easy to set up and use, just have to see if your bank offers it. It's important to understand though, it's just like F&F on paypal; there is no recourse if something goes south with a transaction. Still need to do your due diligence to be sure you're dealing with another honest person.

A big on line retailer of reloading gear in Brisbane Australia has sent out a email to there customers stating Pay Pall will no longer support sales of ammo, primers powder, projectiles or brass as part of their new anti gun policy. Reloading tools are not affected, I say Fucxxx them do not do any more business with Pay Pal.

Last edited:
All those cookies in your browser notify PP and the rest you are a gun person and you are flagged.

Paypal is convenient. They are a private company. If they don't want their services used for firearms and related products that is their business. As a customer, any of us or free to make the same choice about their service.

Or, one can simply use them for those products which the company does service. That convenience has value to me and I am happy to use them for the majority of online purchases that we do. It is quick, convenient, and I like not having to use a credit card. I especially like not mailing a check or joining the delinquent bill payers at the money order line. I should note that I have purchased lots of firearms related material through eBay using PayPal. Those insidious little cookies somehow haven't flagged me yet. :rolleyes:

It is convenient. Until you’re banned for life and the money in your account is taken for “liquidated damages.” We still my wife’s account here and there but for the most part use CC. Eventually we all will have to choose this convenience from companies that fundamentally want to shut down our sport or use alternatives

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcbuyerapp

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,