AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Lifetime NRA member, Lifetime SCI Member
Anyone ever experienced a limited account or a ban?

I attempt to purchase ammo from a member and now my account is flagged/limited. Email stated that i had mad “multiple questionable purchases” per PayPal.

Anyone ever experienced a limited account or a ban?

I attempt to purchase ammo from a member and now my account is flagged/limited. Email stated that i had mad “multiple questionable purchases” per PayPal.
No, because I don’t use it for that very reason. I occasionally see firearms and ammo for sale on GB and the seller takes only PayPal. Gotta wonder if it’s a legitimate sale and ignorance on the seller’s part or a scam?

It blows my mind. We didn’t mention ammo or firearms

It blows my mind. We didn’t mention ammo or firearms
I just thought of that. If one is buying ammo from a private party and ammo isn’t mentioned, how does NaziPal know what your purchasing?

My 2¢, PP is fine for small dollar amounts. Big numbers draw the microscope.

@CoElkHunter, Possibly the member selling is on the watch list.

No idea. Been using friends and family for everything without issue. Have made lots of purchases here the last two months though...

Maybe, but my wife buys all kinds of quilting stuff from private sellers online using PayPal and spends more on a transaction sometimes than I do buying ammo. Something seems amiss?

I screwed up. I wrote “solids” on the comment to seller and they want explanation

It's most likely BS. I have been using PayPal for over ten years. I receive fishing emails at least once or twice a week even when I haven't used it in a month. Go to your email account from the beginning and open it and see what it says. If it is fishing and you opened it from the email they allegedly sent you that says they are limiting your account, you most likely have an infected computer now. I do not buy guns with Paypal but I have used it many times internationally to pay safari/hunting outfitters . Good Luck,

Thanks. Hope they don’t ban me... I use PayPal for everything

Maybe, but my wife buys all kinds of quilting stuff from private sellers online using PayPal and spends more on a transaction sometimes than I do buying ammo. Something seems amiss?
I have sent $500 many times through the years and have never been questioned.

No idea. Been using friends and family for everything without issue. Have made lots of purchases here the last two months though...
Yeah, I don’t want to sound paranoid, but it seems like someone is tracking something elsewhere with regards to purchases. PP to PP with no mention in the sale of one of their banned items?

Th
Yeah, I don’t want to sound paranoid, but it seems like someone is tracking something elsewhere with regards to purchases. PP to PP with no mention in the sale of one of their banned items?
I really hope they dont get me for the “solids”?!

@CoElkHunter, Possibly the member selling is on the watch list.
Well, if a seller/buyer here for example, also is a seller/buyer on GB or another site, their information may be cross referenced into PayPal’s banned users database? I don’t really know?

Th

I really hope they dont get me for the “solids”?!
Depends on which brand! Ha! Ha!
No but really, it has to make one wonder how they know? Depending on what state one lives in, these are legitimate transactions and the buying/selling will continue without PayPal.

Last edited:
I like PayPal and use it regularly. Have never used it for a firearm purchase but have pretty much bought everything else, including the deposit for my SA safari, and never had an issue with them.

I screwed up. I wrote “solids” on the comment to seller and they want explanation
You want the “solid” stainless steel needles for your long arm quilting machine. Come on, everybody knows that!

Hahaha I will definitely tell them something similar!

I’ll stick with a USPS money order, personal check or a major credit card for purchasing firearms or ammo. They can all be tracked by both the buyer and seller and I’m older and old school.

Someone snitched on the seller. I wouldnt worry too much. This will pass.

Reactions: BWH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg