AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Well inside the 60 day mark for my second trip with Pieter and paw print and 3rd trip to SA. Flyout of jfk on july 26th and I come back aug.12th Taking the bow and guns but plan on taking more with the bow if I can.

4 other guys going with lee being one of the guys who went last year and 3 newbies to Africa. Only thing that has me a little sad is first trip Dakota is not going with.

Looks like my main focus will be nyala, bushbuck ,bushpig , black wildebeest ,red hartebeest, kilspringer , duiker,warthog baboon,monkey. Hoping to come across a few night critters to but take what we see as we hunt.

Then we have the list of who knows what I will do if I see one I like. eland, kudu, springbuck , blue wildebeest ,zebra , waterbuck.

Going to be hunting two areas in the northwest this trip one being the home area 90 minutes from jo-berg and then going to the Kalahari also. Doing the two areas not because I need to for anyone animal but because I like seeing more then one place when over in Africa.

Hoping to give paul and relive taxidermy a bunch of work after my group gets done with this hunt.

Lori at travel express did great again with my tickets and the rest of my group also. Also going to use henry's for rifle permits since 5 of us coming in on same flight.

If I have service when over there I will try and do some kind of update but main report will be after I get back.

Exciting times!!! Wish I was going back with you guys! Look forward to the updates during the trip

Have fun as time counts down Bill!

Good luck on that bushpig!

60 days to go but the days now seem to be 48 hrs long.... But when you get there they go by more like 12 hours in a day.

Have a great trip Bill and that's one heck of a main focus list you have there. Stay safe and be well, I look forward to the report and photos!

Mike

Can you wait till Paul is done with my stuff before bombarding his shop?!

Good luck!

Wishing your group a wonderful and safe trip.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. So looking forward to getting there and having some good fun.

Yes it is a wide opened list and if I can get 6 or 7 animals down in 14 days I will be happy. Royal me and a bushpig have a date sometime this trip. I will not even mind giving this pig a kiss at the end. LOL :whistle: Hoping the pink shirt has them coming to take a close up look.

Pieter will have Charlie after mr spots when we first get there but they hope to get back to hunt in SA also. Will be nice to meet Charlie and hear the story first hand to.

I don't think Pieter's PH's who will be with us have any idea what is coming there way. Going to be a lot of laughs at night around that fire with this group. Looking forward to meeting PH's Jonathan and Prop.

"Going to be hunting two areas in the northwest this trip one being the home area 90 minutes from jo-berg and then going to the Kalahari also. Doing the two areas not because I need to for anyone animal but because I like seeing more then one place when over in Africa."

yep :D Looking forward to the report !!!

"Going to be hunting two areas in the northwest this trip one being the home area 90 minutes from jo-berg and then going to the Kalahari also. Doing the two areas not because I need to for anyone animal but because I like seeing more then one place when over in Africa."

yep :D Looking forward to the report !!!

Well I will make sure and get some pictures of the sable we see but they will be live ones no sable for me this trip. Hope to send you some pictures of some stuff my group gets. There is a wildcard or two in my group who could knock down a sable if they get the itch though.

Not sure how I missed that you were going back this year. Best of luck to you and I am sure you will have a great time. Look forward to reading the report.

However, if you don't mind no pictures of you kissing the pig, a simple trophy pose will do, lol.

Can you wait till Paul is done with my stuff before bombarding his shop?!

I will let your stuff get done first. LOL Though I do want to see the kudu horns with my own eyes that you got.

Not sure how I missed that you were going back this year. Best of luck to you and I am sure you will have a great time. Look forward to reading the report.

However, if you don't mind no pictures of you kissing the pig, a simple trophy pose will do, lol.

That kiss with the pig is just for royal. He said it would take him back to his high school days and since we are friends I thought what the hell. LOL

Billc,
I hope Pieter and I can get spots quickly and get to Flintbeck! I very much look forward to meeting you and Lee in person! I call dibs on the the first bedroom to the right at Flintbeck ....the one closest to the fire pit!

That kiss with the pig is just for royal. He said it would take him back to his high school days and since we are friends I thought what the hell. LOL

Ahh.... High school and pigs.... Memories.... :A Banana Sad: :A Outta:

i do envy you billc. Good luck.

Billc,
I hope Pieter and I can get spots quickly and get to Flintbeck! I very much look forward to meeting you and Lee in person! I call dibs on the the first bedroom to the right at Flintbeck ....the one closest to the fire pit!

Well I hope the cat hunt goes well and enjoy that part to the fullest. Then come hunt with us at flintbeck. With 5 guys not sure I can save a room like that but I will try my best.

The group and I got out to the range to get more times off the sticks. We did some at a 100 yds first and everyone did great for just the second time off sticks. Went back to 200 yds and after a few shots the guys did good. Had them do a few times at 100 like they had to do a follow up shot and cycle the gun on the sticks and they did awesome.

I did two shots each at 200yds one group each out of the 300 and the 257. I did forget I had only sighted in the 300 for dead on at 100yd but realize it when I was low both shoots. I will sight it in for 3" high at 100 before I go.

The 257 I have sighted for 200 yds already and they were ok.

0613160801.jpg

Bill I plan on getting there before you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.