Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, Wild Sheep Foundation, AFGA
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Argentina, Canada, USA, Russia
Anyone ever packed a deer like this?

I’ve never seen that before! Very interesting! Thanks!

Done it a number of times when I was young and dumb, now I just take the choice cuts. Most of my deer are shot way too far from a vehicle to be able to carry them like that.

No. I try to use a tractor with a front end loader. (y) Easier on the back.

No. I try to use a tractor with a front end loader. (y) Easier on the back.

And a lot cleaner, carrying the deer usually results in you and your clothing covered in blood, no matter how carefully you tried to get it all out before carrying.

Taking the head off and draping it with orange if you want to stay safe on public land!

Typical kiwi way of carrying but not typical country side usually steeper

Thats how they do it in Ireland to. When I went to hunt fallow deer, I couldn't believe it the first time he did that!

I have carried some that way—it is a bloody mess...

I’ve done it with a blacktail deer on Kodiak. If you think you have all the blood out, you don’t. My day pack was covered in blood. Looking back I’m not sure it was a good idea since mr. grizzly may have wanted it too. I wouldn’t have a quick way to drop it.

Seen it in video before but never done it. I use a Kawasaki 750 Brute Force to my myself and the deer.

I saw this previously in one of Nathan Foster's books. ATV(s) cannot get to slopes where some of these animals are hunted. This is virtually the best and maybe the only way to pack out the meat. With the hunting season being year around there is not the number of hunters in the bush as there is during established hunting seasons in the U.S. and Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg