Own A Game Ranch In Africa

Looks like a lovely home/lodge. Was disappointed to not have a price right up front. Kinda like there is something to hide or not be proud of. Always did hate POR on species price lists and other listings.
Bruce

Wow! That is some property! I wonder what it is worth?

Very impressive lodge. Hmm, It says available to the discerning buyer. That leaves me out. :p:D

@IvW - I know, I know - if you have to ask, you can't afford it. Still be interesting to know. Maybe a small group from AH should pool resources...

As all have said, a very nice looking place. I have always loved the Karoo. There is something about those endless vistas and skies.

My understanding on a recent visit was that Karoo land is not particularly expensive . . . at least not by North American standards. One challenge here will be that the place is not exactly large - only 1000 ha - and seems to have a fair bit of game on it. Perhaps all it can carry? The land in the Karoo is not terribly productive as a rule. It would be difficult to sell this as a hunting destination, given the size. My guess is that the "Discerning Buyer" is someone with a lot of money who wants a ranch to get away from it all. But with the uncertainty regarding the land situation in RSA these days, I don't know how a foreigner would ever get comfortable with buying.

Shame that countries do this to themselves, especially when they have such a wonderful example right next door.

Anyone have an idea of the location. I would assume it's downstream from Van Der Kloof dam.

Hank, Yeah. 1000H is a postage stamp in the Karoo.

I love the idea of retiring to a game farm for part of the year. Two problems: the political situation in Africa. Just about Every game farm in South Africa is listed for sale. Property 24 . Com is a great site to dream on. The second problem is that i personally would have trouble containing my hunting to make sure it is a sustainable herd.

I hope he said the same about Zimbabwe.

Of course he did....the situation in Zim is why he lives in RSA now.

Zimbabwe is essentially a dead, failed state. 95% unemployment.

RSA seems to be heading in the same direction only it will take much longer because there are still allot of whites there....even though the are leaving in droves for Australia and NZ.

There is no future for white people in black run Africa.

Of course he did....the situation in Zim is why he lives in RSA now.

Zimbabwe is essentially a dead, failed state. 95% unemployment.

RSA seems to be heading in the same direction only it will take much longer because there are still allot of whites there....even though the are leaving in droves for Australia and NZ.

There is no future for white people in black run Africa.

Actually you are quite incorrect
In south africa at moment there are more people moving back to SA than emigrating.

The droves that emigrated was post 94 for about 10 years then flatlined now its turning around

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently there are more people from my final year university class in South Africa living and working in London than in SA. Everyone I know that has a way out (dual citizenship etc) has left. These are all 20-somethings that are lawyers, accountants, IT types. South Africa also wants to bring in expat tax soon so most are trying to financially immigrate so that they aren’t double taxed. I also know large scale dairy farmers in the midlands selling and leaving to New Zealand, as well as sheep farmers in the Eastern Cape selling up because of the land uncertainty. Most of these farms have been in the same family for 3+ generations. It’s very sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Chinese putting money in surprise surprise..... Saudis well they need to sell oil and countries around S.A. need fuel....Mercedes already has factories there so understandable..... But don't think it will make up for the rising unrest and civil disorder that is rampant....

Beautiful lodge, small property for hunting. I doubt you would get very many hunters to hunt on 1000 ha. Political uncertainty, land grabbing etc. IMO not a sound investment.

Actually you are quite incorrect
In south africa at moment there are more people moving back to SA then immigrating

The droves that immigrated was post 94 for about 10 years then flatlined now its turning around

If you limit that statistic to white people, then how about it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg