Outfitter recommendation for October 2012

Carolinasman

Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hi,

I have a business trip in October where I'll be in South Africa (J-burg / Sun City) and was going to do a bit of hunting on the back end of my trip. There are some issues that have come up with the outfitter I was talking to and wanted to get some recommendations. I'd be looking at starting 27-Oct (2012) for 4-5 days, plains game, specifically for kudu, gemsbock and impala.

If anyone has any recommendations, or outfitters with ideas, please feel free to reply or PM me. thanks in advance for any advice / recommendations.

regards,

John

I would recommend Tshipise Safaris, in the Limpopo (Home). Very good operation and quite a large one (> 25 Kha). Peculiarity is that they are bordering Zimbabwe and part of the operation is unfenced (uncommon in SA). Also, very very good Kudus, waterbuck and huge nyalas. Apart from that they have buffalo, elephant, hippo, crocs etc...
Accommodation are also great, with the choice of a bush camp and a camp close to a nine-hole golf course (the owner is a famous golf course designer, hence this oddity, funny to see hippos grazing on the greens...). This is a hard hunting place and expect lots of walking.
If you contact them, talk to Peet Benzenhouit (the head of the operation) and tell him you have been send by Jean-Pierre in Switzerland, you will be well taken care of.

Good luck!

I have hunted with Chris Troskie 2x and there are plenty of favorable hunt reports on here for him (CT Safaris). He also hunts alot of low fence as well as high fence and has access to many ranches. Late october is definitely a good time to catch someone with an opening. Good luck.

I think Louis at Spiral Horn Safaris, would be a good fit. You will get excellent service!

John

Being as you are going to be near Joberg.

The above are some good picks. I do believe that will pick you up at Joberg and bring you back.

To top it all off members have had a great time with them all...

The thing will be who has an opening for you. contact them all and let the search begin...

If you are willing to fly south there are others that will provide you a great experience.

Do have a look at all the AH sponsor outfitters and regulars here.
They are spread across Southern Africa.

Good luck.

John,

i can help you! I operate in the North West Province of SA and is 20 miles from Sun City in a town called Rustenburg. OR thambo 90 miles

John,

Contact Willem from Koedoeberg | Home.
He is close to Sun City, you can also search "Koedoeberg" here on the forum.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg