Out of Africa

artisanforge

Reaction score
A short intro, a good few years in West Africa and a couple of trans Sahara trips have left their memory tracks still vivid after nearly 30yrs.
Now gunsmithing in UK ,building interesting and workaday full bore, up to and including 404 Jefery on P/H, and 45/70 in Martini guise. Country workshop can fit in most jobs that others find difficult!

Welcome! Where in West Africa did you spend a few years? I did 5.5 years in Angola and 6 in Nigeria, all work related. Would love to hear more about your rifle building, as I am sure much of the AH community would too.

Hello and welcome!

Thanks for the welcome, I was in Nigeria for the best part of the 80's Building wriggley tin factories and agro industrial silos/feed mills. Came back to UK to get the boys an edicashun. Drove home in a VW kombi .
Boys grew up ,30yrs later younger son is now in charge of the workshop , if it dont shoot straight it wont leave the place, so we make what cant be obtained , and fix what boys break. I get to do the testing. Some retirement, spend the game season with the partridges and pheasants , look after a few deer in the meantime.

Giday and welcome to the A H forums

A short intro, a good few years in West Africa and a couple of trans Sahara trips have left their memory tracks still vivid after nearly 30yrs.
Now gunsmithing in UK ,building interesting and workaday full bore, up to and including 404 Jefery on P/H, and 45/70 in Martini guise. Country workshop can fit in most jobs that others find difficult!
Artisan,
What part of the UK do you reside in now?

Welcome to the gang. Sounds like you have a fun retirement, building and shooting.

Welcome to AH artisanforge!

Welcome! Sounds like an interesting and worthwhile life you have led.(y)

Welcome to AH!

Artisanforge, welcome to the AH forum! Looking forward to your participation.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the forum

@artisanforge Welcome mate. Good to have another Brit on the forum, where in the UK are you??

Welcome Artisanforge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idahocougs89

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!