'Our living dinosaurs' There are far fewer African elephants than we thought, study shows

Interesting that the report is by Elephants without Borders, a non-profit, tax exempt group registered in Botswana as the Somarela Trust, which is incorporated in New York City. Who really owns this group? And is their "research" really to save the elephants, or to stop hunting? I get the article clearly states poaching is a serious problem, and the CNN reporters did a great job in romanticizing the story, but they provide no real solutions. Since we're the easy fruit on the tree, they will clearly call for a ban on hunting. Be sure to look for the latest children's Disney movie to include a talking elephant that gets killed.

It appears that Namibia withheld their information. I wonder why?

It appears that Namibia withheld their information. I wonder why?

Namibia has a very proud hunting industry. Probably saw this as part of an anti hunting effort or survey and didn't want to participate. What I saw on CNN wasn't exactly portraying hunting as part of the solution.

So far Namibia is the only country with balls to stand up and basically tell the "anti's" to go to hell...wish the rest of Africa would follow their lead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey75K951

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross