Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Republic of Congo, Canada
As many of you know the USF&W announced a ban on imported ivory that is sport hunted in Zimbabwe and Tanzania.

I believe many people have read this and think "It does not affect me, I will never hunt elephant".

Well it does affect you. Remember the same people that are responsible for the import ban would just assume stop all hunting. We cannot give up any rights for any one group, just because we are not involved in that type of hunting.

I view the issue the same as the "assault weapons" (I hate that term) ban. The people who have really pushed the assault weapons ban also support a handgun ban, no concealed carry, and ultimate confiscation of all firearms. If you believe otherwise, you are being na?e.

Write and call your Congressman. If possible go to Lobby Day in DC with SCI (I am attending). Vote for candidates that support our way of life. Take a kid hunting. Take an adult hunting. Explain to them the important role that hunting plays in conservation. If we do not do our part, hunting will be a thing of the past.

Safari Club International

Visit Washington, Be an Advocate for Hunting on May 8th, 2014 | First For Hunters

The sign up date for Lobby Day has passed but I would be willing to bet SCI would welcome additional participants at this time.

Good to hear from you Mike. Could not agree more.

We are a minority and the more people you educate and involve the better off we all are.

Take someone hunting.

United we stand!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois