AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
USA, South Africa
I was going through my photo albums and thought I would share some pictures of some of the game me and my dad have killed on our family land. We bought the property back in 06 and that was our first season to hunt it. We have been very selective with the deer we take usually of which we generally take one maybe two bucks a year off of 960 acres.

In may of 2011 we had a very bad fire come through burning 60k acres and it decimated our game populations so we really pulled back focusing on keeping hogs in check our deer numbers finally started to recover after 6 years.

IMG_1705.JPG
IMG_0147.JPG
549423927.835363.jpg
549424156.066452.jpg
549424315.816546.jpg
549424369.299642.jpg
IMG_0348.JPG
IMG_0217.JPG
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0823.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Has to be a great feeling knowing you own a piece of land that size in the family for hunting!

Yall have done well over the years!! Thanks for sharing!

Nice that you have taken good trophies! Do you have a cabin of some sort on the property?

Looks like you have had some good trip out on your place. Congrats

Very nice animals! Oh I’m jealous of your property! Kerrville is a beautiful area or at least it was before the fire. I have stayed a couple of times at the state park there on the Guadalupe River as I recall. Crystal clear it was unlike most of the rivers in Texas. I grew up on the Trinity River which was never clear.
Best of luck with your fire recovery!

Thank you all our property in in Fisher county north of Sweetwater it does have an old farmhouse on it. Over the course of the spring we finally finished all of the fence rebuild on our interior fences

The Guadalupe is still a beautiful river and has some great fishing. It is extremely clear where it runs shallow with a limestone bed the deeper waters and holes tend to run a more typical green. On muddy right after heavy rains

That fire was obviously devastating. I wish you well with the rehab.
Congrats on your success

@AustinL,

The second deer in your original post..... mulie?

@AustinL,

The second deer in your original post..... mulie?
Yes that deer is a mulie. We have both but our season misses the rut and the mature mulies are hard to come by during the season.

During the rut after season closes they bed down in the shade of the carport. Go figure

Congrat's on some great trophies! Its a real Blessing to have your own property, it enables you to take pride in the stewardship as you obviouisly do. It's good for the soul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhakhoa123

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,