Other things to do in Africa

Be sure and visit Victoria Falls. Spend several days there. Well worth it. This little trip by a Member @ Kevin Peacocke would be fun: https://www.africahunting.com/threads/head-north.70218/page-2#post-944477
I know a few folks do the wine tour down by Cape Town. Spend a couple of days photographing wildlife in Kruger or another of the national parks. There's a couple of things to try.
Bruce

It will help to know the area that you are going to start at. I think that the pyramids would be great to see but they are a long ways from Capetown or Port Elizabeth.

We did the loop from Port Elizabeth to Capetown and up to Lesotho and hit a lot of different things along the way. There was a bungee jump, diving with great whites, Table Mountain, and stops at a number of wineries. While in Lesotho we took a horseback ride into a native village where we spent the night.

We’ve done the falls a couple of times, a driving tour of wine country, flight seeing the Okavango, and Namibia’s skeleton coast. Perhaps the highlight was camping across northern Botswana from Maun to Kasane Rovos rail is definitely on the list.

For my first safari in 2024, South Africa, Zambia, and Mozambique. Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, and Tanzania are also on the list but I doubt it will be the same trip.

The pyramids aren’t that far off. My first thought of going to Africa was to start in South Africa and drive up the continent. I was told that would be a problem with rifles.

We have done the Zambezi evening boat cruise, Victoria Falls, Chobe, Stanley Livingston Reserve, Erindi Game Reserve and various Elephant and Rhino Reserves. Your PH should be able to set something up for you. When necessary, we left our rifles at Africa Sky or the PH. Alternate events (other than hunting) are very important in my opinion.

Safe travels

Great Zimbabwe aka Zimbabwe Ruins is interesting. The classic car museum in Franchoek. The train ride in the Namib desert. Stay at a desert tent camp in Namibia. Visit the historical boutique hotel group. Zanzibar, Marrakech in Morocco. Steam Ship Sudan Nile cruise.

When in Jhb stay at the historic Rand Club rather than the usual airport based overnight, even book an extra day to do so. Likewise the Kimberley Club and the Ruperts former home near Cape Town. The Bulawayo Club is good too, very historic.

We have done the Zambezi evening boat cruise, Victoria Falls, Chobe, Stanley Livingston Reserve, Erindi Game Reserve and various Elephant and Rhino Reserves. Your PH should be able to set something up for you. When necessary, we left our rifles at Africa Sky or the PH. Alternate events (other than hunting) are very important in my opinion.

Safe travels

The Stanley and Livingston is an excellent place to stay when visiting the falls!

I did nine days touring after a hunt in the Grahamstown area in '18. Got a rental in Grahamstown, headed to Addo NP, then into the Karoo, back to the coast and Klein Karoo and down through the wine country to Cape Town. South Africa has a lot of national parks, check out the SANParks site for all of them.

I enjoy the view at table mountain, It was nice to eat fast food thanding that high and looking down at the water and houses.

For my first safari in 2024, South Africa, Zambia, and Mozambique. Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, and Tanzania are also on the list but I doubt it will be the same trip.

The pyramids aren’t that far off. My first thought of going to Africa was to start in South Africa and drive up the continent. I was told that would be a problem with rifles.
The pyramids are a lot closer to Paris than they are to Johannesburg. Africa is a big continent!

Side fishing trips are another option. Tiger fishing in the Zambezi in more than one country and charter boat fishing out of Richards Bay.

Fishing :) Great saltwater fishing available. Fly fishing rainbows in RSA. Largemouth bass- various areas. Bream (tilapia) are great fun for family and common in many areas. And of course tiger fish! Ask outfitter/PH about availability and timing of best fishing.

There are small companies who offer camping loop tours. I would not pass up such a trip through Botswana if manageable with your schedule/budget- and they are inexpensive compared to a hunting safari. Plenty to do and see in Africa :)

A canoe safari down the Zambezi was suggested to me while going to Africa. Beyond hunting, what other experiences can members suggest?
Africa is a big place. Where are you going?

Flying low in a helicopter over the bush is quite an experience, gives you a totally new perspective.

Not for the faint hearted !

Nyati: I’m a private pilot so that sounds like a great idea. Thank you. I had considered looking into doing some flying in SA.

Phillip: SA, Zambia, and Mozambique so far.

Appreciate the fishing ideas and Zanzibar. I’m not much of a fisherman, but l enjoy going out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you