8x68

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
OFAH
Hunted
Canada, USA
Man this is one beautiful work of art. Even those who shoot rifle will have the opportunity to drool over this.
My hunting partner whom I've know for 30+ yrs has this in his collection and he is willing to sell it.
It is an original unfired Holland & Holland 12ga (certified new as per Holland & Holland).
He is based in Ontario, Canada. According to Holland & Holland landed value in Canada today is $171K.
Shipping outside of Canada can be arranged. I would put you in touch with him directly.
Here are the pictures. There are quite a few so it may take a while to download.

H&H #1.jpg
H&H #2.jpg
H&H #3.jpg
H&H #4.jpg
H&H #5.jpg
H&H #6.jpg
H&H #7.jpg
H&H #8.jpg
H&H #9.jpg
H&H#10.jpg
H&H#11.jpg
H&H#12.jpg
H&H#13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
oi ,royal heres your new duck gun ...............

Nah. Royal would take it into the brambles after rabbit.

Can you imagine those cat claw thorns dragging across that stock? :cry:

Thats 171ooo Rand right?:p

Any idea when this beauty was born?

Any idea when this beauty was born?
I will ask my friend. It actually belonged to a really friend of his who passed away before he had a chance to use it. His friend hunted all over Africa. It used to be great fun to listen to stories he would tell. Whenever he came into the gun shop we used to all gather round like little kids at story time to hear his latest adventure......He will be missed

A lovely thing to be sure. The gun is no doubt "valued" at that price - but I would tend to think of that figure as an insurance replacement value. It is extremely unlikely he will find anyone willing to actually pay that for even an unfired Royal - should he be able to prove it. It was a bespoke gun for the person who ordered it. It is not for the next owner. Nor, is it old enough to have that special collector cache which would drive the price of say a pre-WWI Royal in such original condition. I assume it still has its original case with all the included bells and whistles?

The list of potential buyers for this gun is pretty small. Should he or an heir sell to a dealer, I would surprised if he is offered a 100k (most try to get inventory at around 60% of eventual retail. A commissioned sale will likely cost 20% of eventual price. And a high end auction house bleeds off a pretty large commission as well. I would suggest a conversation with someone like Tony Galazan at www.connecticutshotgun.com . Tony probably handles more high end guns than anyone in North America. He could give your friend an idea of potential sale value, how to move it and how to get the best value for a it.

Last edited:

Nah.... I'd buy it, but it isn't left handed.... ;)

What a beautiful shotgun regardless.

for even an unfired Royal - should he be able to prove it

I will help to certify it. I Royal, have never fired that shorgun. That should add a bit $20k to the value, right? :E Big Grin:

I will help to certify it. I Royal, have never fired that shorgun. That should add a bit $20k to the value, right? :E Big Grin:

LOL. Sigh - groan - with feeling :Banghead:

Update. He now lists it at $136K Cdn. He will also consider partial trades of; British double rifles, British & German Mauser rifles, Winchester pre-64 Model 70, Colt SAA, Lugers, Borchardt, Bergman, WW2 Commonwealth & German/Italian militaria, etc.

Now that's something you could whack some blue duikers with! :A Banana::A Sting::A Stirring::A Outta:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica87G

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross