Opportunity Bow Hunting

Deepfork

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA, USA
Before our trip trip to South Africa last summer I let my outfitter know I was interested in taking some animals with my bow as well as rifle hunting. We had quite a bit of back and forth as he knew it was my first trip and wanted to know what my expectations were. I decided I was not interested in spending time in a blind, and we decided I would take my rifle and bow with me each day.

It worked perfectly, In seven days of hunting I left the vehicle three times with my bow and took two animals. I left it totally up to my PH to decide if the conditions and situations were favorable for a archery stalk.

I took nine animals total but I have to say the two archery kills are the most memorable.

Here are a couple of behind the scenes shots, I already posted the standard trophy photos in other areas.

The Blue Wildebeest bull only went about 30 yards and piled up, he was done. My first shot on the Hartebeest was
okay but not perfect. We had to track him a couple hundred yards before I got a second arrow through him.
IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG
IMG_0285.JPG

congratulations, very nice trophies.

That is a great RHB. And with a bow!!

Hi, well done nice animals. Can I ask what was your set up, Bow poundage, arrows, Broadheads etc.
Many thanks, MarkCZ

Great trophies!~. Congrats !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois